PDA

View Full Version : Asset prevents computer from Sleep

AndrewFG
05-28-2010, 12:07 PM
I am running Asset v2.1 R as a service. And I notice that when the server is running it prevents the computer from entering sleep mode.

Ok some people may want their server to be always on. But I would prefer it to go into sleep when it is not streaming files. My standard approach is that I send a WOL ping packet to wake up the PC before I try to connect with a Control Point.

Is there any chance to add an "Allow Computer to Sleep" option (check box) in the next release?

Spoon
05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
A upnp server would be constantly sending ssdp data across the network, is it this which is stopping the sleep?

AndrewFG
05-28-2010, 04:27 PM
A upnp server would be constantly sending ssdp data across the network, is it this which is stopping the sleep?

Unlikely.
More likely that it is holding either a network connection or a socket open. So I would suggest to check that you are closing all sockets after you have done with them...

mville
05-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Interesting.

I'm running Asset v.3 on my Server PC as local account and the PC goes to sleep even when I'm playing tracks on a client.

I'll try running Asset as a service and report back my findings.

mville
05-29-2010, 08:54 AM
When running Asset v3 as a service, my server still goes to sleep when streaming audio to the client.