PDA

View Full Version : Asset on Sony TV KDL52XBR9

DonQ
05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
My new Sony TV KDL52XBR9 finds Asset UPnP, but cannot connect to it. Asset is listed with a status of “unsuccessful.” The TV found WMP as soon as I connected it to my network. I’ve looked into everything I can think of.

The Sony GUI is far superior to my Denon and DirecTV GUI, so I’d like to get it to work. It access WMP much faster, displays album at and is otherwise more visually appealing. When setting up the Denon and DirecTV, I didn’t have to do anything special, so I’m puzzled that I’m having problems with the TV.

Sony says Asset must be incompatible. Is that reasonable to assume? Or is there something in particular I should investigate?

Spoon
05-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Try Asset v3 (in the beta section of this forum), if still no go enable the 'debug' option on the advanced configuration page, restart asset and try to browse with the sony, then open the debug log (the location is shown under the debug enable check box) and post the contents here.

DonQ
05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry for the delay, been working on network issues.

The log was totally blank.

Spoon
06-01-2010, 05:44 AM
I have been given a potential insight into these TVs, the next beta update to v3 should contain an attempted fix.

ServerBaboon
06-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Latest Asset 3 now works with my Sony Bravia which I guess will mean the same for you, make sure you do not select replay gain in Asset

DonQ
06-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks!!!

Notes:
Sony says the TV will play anything that WMP plays, but it would not play WMA "as is" from Asset UPnP.
It plays WMA only as MP3.
It plays FLAC only as MP3.

ServerBaboon
06-27-2010, 04:06 PM
My KDL40EX503 plays FLAC natively but it is displayed as LPCM.