PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio transcoding issue.



MrSpock
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I can't play the radio. Here's the background: I installed Illustrate Asset UPnP server 2.1 on my Windows Home Server (WHS). I set it to TRANSCODE any FLAC music to an LPCM stream. I then loaded my MP101 with BIOS version 1.3.7. This seems to be the only one that works. FLAC music shows up on the Mp101 display as 1411 kbps! Thatís a far cry from 128 kbps mp3. Additionally, I can listen on Linux Totem Upnp Player with a Linux addin. Now here's the problem: Internet radio fails. "Unable to play song". I also tried simply checking all media formats to transcode to LPCM. The Radio works fine with the Linux Box. Unfortunately the MP101 is hard to debug.
Thanks.

Spoon
05-13-2010, 04:47 AM
Internet Radio uses which ever WAV/LPCM/Mp3 option is selected at the top, certain players continuously close and reopen the stream, this is fine for sending audio tracks but does not work with radio streaming (where it takes about 10 seconds to establish the stream).