PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Parental Controls

djMax
04-19-2010, 01:34 PM
As a parent of a recently-5-and-tech-savvy child and large music collector, I would like to have parts of my music collection that only I can play. I'd like to keep the NWA for when she's a bit older. Seems like Asset would be a great solution to this, wonder if others would like it to. I'm new to Asset, so at the moment I'd think it would work something like this: I identify a playlist or set of playlists that require passwords. In order to enable anything on this playlist to be played, somebody would need to go to some interface (I doubt UPNP itself has support for this, so let's say it was the Asset config interface) and enter the password as well as a time duration for the permission. So to manage the list of filtered music I just deal with it as playlists, but make it a bit more cumbersome to unlock the playlist.

Thoughts?

Spoon
04-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Multiple collection management is what you are after, it is being worked on but will take a while to implement.

Paul_A/V
07-16-2010, 09:21 AM
I second the request for parental controls. I really like the way Microsoft implements the parent controls on Windows Media Player/Connect 11. The tracks/albums can be tagged with a parental rating. WMC understands this tagging and allows one to configure per device the media that's viewable and/or playable based on the parental ratings. It also allows control based on the "Star Rating" of each track/album.

Any way this can get on the hot list for Asset?

Spoon
07-16-2010, 09:36 AM
It is planned, just a matter of when.