PDA

View Full Version : Album Art file format

demolition23
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I'm planning to migrate my DLNA server from Twonky on Mac to a WHS server, which should be arriving within a day or so.

All of my current album folders have a "Folder.jpg" file in them, and about half of the files themselves have artwork embedded. 99% of the music is in ALAC.

My question is, will Asset pick up the Folder.jpg files within the folders? or do I need to rename them (ie. cover.jpg or folder.jpg .. no capitalization?), or do I need to go further and embed artwork into all files?

Going forward, I'm still primarily a Mac user, so my continued ripping will be done using XLD, and tagging via Jaikoz, and music will be copied over to the WHS server upon rip completion on the Mac. Are there any tagging gotchas that I should look out for when doing this? ie. tag formats and versions?

Any other noob help you can give for my situation would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Spoon
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
You should have no problems with cover art, be it embedded, folder.jpg, Folder.jpg, cover.jpg or any tag problems...welcome to the Asset world ;)

demolition23
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks!
I ordered an Acer H340-S4 for the sole purpose of running Asset so, yes I'm excited:D
Just getting my library in order, so that I don't have to run through multiple 700 Gig transfers..
Thanks again

Spoon
03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
I will also add that PNG art work is supported and Asset will convert internally to jpg as required.

demolition23
03-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Received my hardware, purchased an Asset license, currently moving files over while reviewing tags like Album Artist, Year etc. for each album (so this is going to take a long time:yawn:)

The only gotcha I had so far is that / cannot be used in names, genres, etc. so AC/DC is now AC-DC, and Love/Hate is Love-Hate.

From the little I've done, choosing items in plugplayer or songbook is much easier and intuitive. Server response is good, and the file update times are phenomenal.

Migrating servers is a pain, but I think this was very well worth it!

Also appreciate getting quick responses from The Man himself.
I know questions can be redundant, and some are pretty lame, but it's a big part of the user experience (which is very much lacking with some others).

Great job, and I'm sure I'll be asking questions on things in the future.
Thanks!

QuantumMechanic
05-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Hi this is interesting.. In Folder view, using the NAIM app for my Naim server linked to QNAP NAS, the artwork doesn't appear. Only when I click on the album itself and select a track do I get any artwork. Is there a reason for this? Twonky used to show all artwork, regardless of which level of folders I was in.?

Hope you can help, regards, Trevor..

Spoon
05-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Try R5 (with is in the testing section of this forum).