PDA

View Full Version : ' is inserted into track names

jazziz52
03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
How to fix problem of track names tags that contain apostrophes in them displaying with ' inserted into track name instead of the apostrophe mark? For example; song tag: Comin' Home displayed as : Comin' Home

Spoon
03-21-2010, 05:20 AM
It is not possible to have certain symbols in filenames, such as:

: \ / ?

jazziz52
03-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks Spoon!

I think it will be way to much work to delete all apostrophes in every song tag that has an apostrophe in it in my library just to have the song title display properly, considering my collection holds ~ 2,000 cd's.

Maybe the next version of dbpoweramp will address this issue.

Treyster
09-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I have this same problem. It is the apostrophes. It happens in artist, album and track. Ex. "Workingman's Dead" turns to "Workingman&Apos;s Dead".

Apostrophes appear to be very common throughout when pulling from perfectmeta.

When I view the same file through WMP, it displays properly so I don't believe the Onkyo receiver is the problem.

Any progress on this or other suggestions?

blkntan
02-27-2011, 12:44 PM
I just want to reemphasize this issue in the hope that it gets addressed in a future update. I realize that certain character's can't be included, but Spoon doesn't list an apostrophe in his answer above.

In addition, as Treyster points out, this issue does not occur with WMP.

I too use an Onkyo receiver so maybe it's something that needs to be addressed with them as well?

Nevertheless, I really like everything else about Asset and if this one issue got fixed, it would be perfect! :smile2:

Thanks!