PDA

View Full Version : Batch Ripper No Album Art

johnmusicdisk
03-17-2010, 09:15 AM
My Batch Ripper was working great but for some reason it has stopped loading the album art. The metadisc search is completed and the cd tracks identified but no art work..?????
If I load the same disc into the standard db single disc ripper the album art loads OK, to say I am confused by this is an under statement.
Any help on this would be most appriated..

Spoon
03-17-2010, 10:41 AM
With Batch Ripper you have 400 free lookups to AMG, after which you have to buy lookups at the commercial rate.

johnmusicdisk
03-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks Spoon
I must say that I am not happy with this has I paid to register the software and to have use of AMG for 1 year. I did not see any thing in your advertising stating on 400 cd lookups. I have checked again and it clearly states a 1 year contract and no limitations.
Who do I need to speak to to reinstate my contract that I paid for??

Spoon
03-18-2010, 08:17 AM
You are using the wrong program, you should use CD Ripper, not batch ripper (which is a commercial ripping program).

CHAZTECH
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm ripping 200 cd's at a time, really the cd ripper?

johnmusicdisk
03-18-2010, 02:42 PM
I am sorry but your advertising do not state this is comercial use only but also for individuals with a large cd collection. You sell it on the point of ripping hundreds of cd's fast with one year AMG subscription.
As I stated before I must have my membership renewed, and I will except another 400 cd's. If this cannot be done I will want a full refund.
I feel very strongly on this matter, you have mis sold a product and I will be persuing this further if Illustrate do not rectify.

Wayne
03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
If you read the Batch Ripper help guide it does contain the following text
Commercial ripping operations pay a per disc lookup fee when using either AMG or GD3, non-commercial organisations or individuals receive 400 lookups with an active PerfectMeta access licence, noting once 400 lookups have taken place the commercial per disc lookup rates will apply (no additional purchasing of 1 year PerfectMeta will grant more lookups in Batch Ripper).

Spoon
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
We do not set the rules, AMG and GD3 do - they will not allow a unlimited metadata access with a batch ripping application.

johnmusicdisk
03-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Understand their rules having read the product help files, this is only available after you have purchased. I still say your advertising is selling your product ie the ripping software and batch ripper and a one year licence for download. You do not have any small print attached stating the restriction of 400 cd's, you just state how good your product is, and it is. It is a shame that I feel ripped off and I will be taking this further. Please see below what my licence states, PerfectMeta for 365 days not 365 days or 400 cd's.

Installed: dBpoweramp Reference Registered (see dBpoweramp Configuration for exact version number)

Reference is the premium fully featured version of dBpoweramp and includes extra programs such as CD Writer or Batch Ripper (optional installs).

PerfectMeta™ internet meta data access is licensed with 365 days access at a time (Note PerfectMeta is activated below the main registered download link, upgrades do not contain PerfectMeta licenses).

EliC
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
where did it say you get unlimited meta-data in batch ripper? As you said batch ripper is free extra software that would normally cost hundreds of dollars from other venders that spoon includes free with reference.

How many discs are you doing?

EliC
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
from the front/main page, right under where you point out its promoted for people with large CD collections.

Batch Ripper™ appeals to commercial ripping houses, radio stations or even individuals with a large number of CDs to Rip:

* Auto & manual loading (open design, most robots supported),
* From one to many drives support,
* Process overview of each drive and ripping status,
* Highest quality metadata providers: AMG & GD3,
* Lowest commercial per-CD metadata rates,
* Extensive customizable meta-data rule sets,

Over 120 discs per hour through-put, per machine (6x drives)

johnmusicdisk
03-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Quite agree that it states cheapest per cd, but it sells lincence for a full 365 days................ there is no mention of a limit of 400cd's...........................
This is gross mis advertising>>>>>>>>>>

Spoon
03-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Understand their rules having read the product help files, this is only available after you have purchased

As it states when you purchase, all programs (including Batch Ripper) have fully functioning trials.

Batch Ripper is a free add-on, so anything in the dBpoweramp configuration relates to dBpoweramp, not any free add-ons.

EliC
03-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Quite agree that it states cheapest per cd, but it sells lincence for a full 365 days................ there is no mention of a limit of 400cd's...........................
This is gross mis advertising>>>>>>>>>>

You have the 365, you can use it with reference. Not batch ripper.

Cloudberry
06-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Just starte testing dbpoweramp. Looks good! I will use the batch converter to convert 25.000 tracks from iTunes to FLAC. So I understand I will have album art functionality for 400 albums and then pay. How much will I approximately pay per album?

Can I test this before buying?

and most importantly, I cannot figure out how this works, any reference for stupid me :smile2:

Spoon
06-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Album art is only retrieved when Ripping CDs, not converting, sorry.

Cloudberry
06-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Album art is only retrieved when Ripping CDs, not converting, sorry.

Aaaahhhh, a slight disaster:cry:

I have my quite large cd colletion ripped through iTunes - approx 1.000 cd's plus some old mp3 stuff. Album art works in iTunes but seems impossible to get with me to other application. Have now more or less decided to move to FLAC. The dbpoweramp batchconverter is of course the answer to my dreams. But how will I get the right album art tagged?

Album by album ...or....?

Spoon
06-09-2010, 05:21 PM
There might be other programs out there which can help.

maartenvd
06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
I hadn't used dbpoweramp for a while and just renewed for a new year's worth of access to PerfectMeta. I'm very disappointed to discover that this does not include a fresh batch of album art lookups. Without that, it's pretty close to useless to me.

I recommend that you make this much clearer in the purchase pages for standalone PerfectMeta subscriptions.

:(

Spoon
06-28-2010, 04:26 AM
PerfectMeta does include album art in CD Ripper, although you have replied to the Batch Ripper forum which is another program altogether which does not use PerfectMeta licenses.

bellamp
07-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi, I too have come up against this issue.

To be fair it is a little miss-leading as the info on the website says you get to use the batch ripper if you buy a licence for dbpoweramp. And the assumption is that batch ripper has the same capabilities as the CD ripper but can run multiple simultaneous rips.

However I also understand that as a commercial product you can't give us something for free that required charges to AMG.

There is a potential solution though for home users, if like me you just want to use multiple CDs in the same PC simultaneously. I have discovered you can run multiple instances of the CD ripper and set each one to use a different drive. Only downside is that you have to press 'rip' each time you insert a cd.

Hope that helps?

P

maartenvd
07-04-2010, 02:03 PM
PerfectMeta does include album art in CD Ripper, although you have replied to the Batch Ripper forum which is another program altogether which does not use PerfectMeta licenses.

See, this is my point: the relationship is just not that clear between the CD Ripper, Batch Ripper, PerfectMeta, and whatever limits there are on the batch ripper. I'm sure it's documented *somewhere* (other than these help forums) that the Batch Ripper lookups work differently than those in CD Ripper, but it sure wasn't obvious to me when I went to spend my money to renew the license.

Please note--I haven't written angry letters or asked for my money back. I'm just not such a happy customer anymore.

Spoon
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
On the batch ripper page:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

4 lines from the start of the page it states:

Highest quality metadata providers: AMG & GD3 (non-commercial access is restricted to 400 lookups in AMG, GD3 not included),

iwharton
07-15-2010, 08:11 PM
So, I'm having a similar issue which started maybe a week ago. Batch Ripper isn't pulling album art, but it is pulling AMG data. CD Ripper works fine and retrieves both.

I have already purchased an additional chunk of AMG lookups, and Batch Ripper shows that I have 473 remaining. Is there any other reason that the album art would fail to work in Batch Ripper but not CD Ripper?

Ian

iwharton
07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Alright, so it may just be this new batch of CDs. CD Ripper works for some of them, but not all, and Batch Ripper works for some older CDs. Do the two use different sources for album art?

Spoon
07-16-2010, 03:42 AM
GD3 also supplies album art in CD Ripper.

credible0
07-08-2019, 06:03 AM
Thanks dude, you trully got me out pf my trouble which was linfering on my head since last three days. Keep posting man.