PDA

View Full Version : Sound recording help needed

Unregistered
05-11-2003, 01:54 PM
hi, i want to convert my mp3 songs to cda format. But i think the files created by cd writing softwares are not of the same quality as of the original mp3.
So i would like to know if there is a sound recorder software which can DETECT active sound input from mp3 songs being played in the computer.
My idea is that if i make a playlist of 10 songs and play it, a sound recorder software should record EACH track as a wav file. then i just need to convert the wav to cda. and there is absolutely no quality loss!
Is this possible at all?

xoas
05-12-2003, 08:38 PM
I don't know if this helps, but:
Most cd writing software (perhaps all, but I am not really sure about this) that is designed to burn mp3 files into cda (standard cd) format follow the process you describe (they convert the mp3 files to .wav and burn the .wav files to cda format).
As you have noted, many of these programs can end up with files that seem inferior in quality to the initial mp3 files that the cda files were based on.
I think the problem often stems from the quality of the software that converts the mp3 files to cda.
I have been very pleased with with the dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) which you can download from here and the basic part of which is free (you can get more bells and whistles by adding on the Power Pack). So if you have not tried it, I would recommend dMC. I initially used this program to convert mp3 files to .wav prior to burning cds and I found this to be far more satisfactory in quality than trying to convert "directly" to cda using the burner program's software.
But now the dBpowerAMP family has its own cd burner program which does a very good job of handling the entire process (mp3 to .wav to cda). You can try that program for free if you would be interested in trying it out.
If this does not fully address your question, please do reply.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

kenny heath
05-12-2003, 11:01 PM
DBPOWERAMP CD WRITER TAKES VERY GOOD CARE TO CHANGE FROM MP3 TO CD WITH BROADCAST AND PRODUCTION QUALITY AS LONG AS YOU USE LAME AT 192 SETTING. I USE IT ALL THE TIME FOR CHURCH SERVICE RADIO BROADCASTS AND FOR SPECIAL SINGERS CD PRODUCTION

Unregistered
05-17-2003, 03:24 PM
thank you, i am checking out dbpowerAMP cd writer