PDA

View Full Version : How do you format file paths for .M3U playlists in Asset UPnP for WHS?

tillig
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm running Asset UPnP for Windows Home Server. I've figured out how to add .M3U playlists to Asset and get them to show up in the Playlists container, so I know they're being indexed, but they don't play because I don't think I am specifying the file paths in the playlist right.

My music is all stored on my home server in the Music share. So in iTunes or on a client computer, I'd access:
\\myhomeserver\Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3

However, I have tried several file paths in the .m3u playlists and while they appear to be listed in the playlist on a DLNA client (my PS3), they don't play. I'm sure it's because I can't figure out the right way to express the path to the files since the other playlists (Most Played Tracks, Least Played Tracks, etc.) all work fine.

I have tried...
D:\Shares\Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3
\\myhomeserver\Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3
.\Music\Artist\Album\Song.mp3
.\Artist\Album\Song.mp3

...but none of these seem to work. Got any tips?

Spoon
03-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Try R3 of Asset from the beta section of this forum.

tillig
03-14-2010, 02:22 AM
I will get that set up shortly. Does it come with a sample playlist or some docs that say which path format I should use in my M3U playlists? (e.g., is it "D:\shares\Music\blah.mp3" or is it "\\server\Music\blah.mp3" or...?)

Spoon
03-14-2010, 03:54 PM
No, but it did fix the URL given out for playlists (certain devices did not like the old url).

tillig
03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Can you tell me what the correct format for paths inside a playlist is? Or will Asset automatically figure it out regardless of how I do it? Or is there some special path format to let Asset know "these are tracks in this library?"

(I'd prefer to not have to trial-and-error my way through it, if you know what I mean. :D )

Spoon
03-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Should work with any (asset does the reading and passes out over http)