PDA

View Full Version : Asset and Roku Photobridge

jeffilm
03-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm using Asset to stream wav files to my Roku Photobridge. When using the Jukebox Playlist mode there is a pop or click at the start of each selection. Also is there a way for Asset to just read the file name and not the tags embedded in the wav files.

Spoon
03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Could it be the id tags in the files which are causing your player to click? In asset configuration enable the Wave streaming option for .WAV (which means asset would stream the wave files without tags).

To do filename browsing you add a 'Folders & Filename Browsing' to the root of the tree in asset config also.

jeffilm
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
I added the folder. It does not help the pops. If the files are played in alphabetical order the Roku uses a buffer while the tracks are changing for a split second that must mute the pops. The buffering does not happen during any other mode such as jukebox. If you manually select a track it buffers The reason I wanted Asset was to do track shuffle which is not a feature built into the Photobridge. A steady uninterrupted stream is sent to the Roku during any mode where Asset make the selection itself. The click is heard as Asset changes tracks. Maybe there needs to be a design change in Asset to mute the audio when changing files. I had the same issue with a Pinnacle Showcenter that poped when changing movies. However if I sent the Digital Ouput through a decoder it muted the audio during the file switch. This does not work with the Photobridge since it sends out a steady uninterrupted stream through it's output. The interruption is what causes the decoder to mute. Any one else have this problem?. I am using WHS if that matters.

Spoon
03-04-2010, 03:49 PM
The server (Asset) has no control over playback in the UPnP world, it is the control point and player (which in this case are all rolled in one). It is not possible to have one continuous stream from a server.

jeffilm
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I tried converting the wav files to WMA lossless,, but still have the clicks. I then tried Flac. No more clicks or pops. Excellent sound, slightly different response curve...works great!!. Thanks for your help...Jeff

jeffilm
03-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Is there any way to get Asset to shuffle tracks and play them only once? If I use Jukebox it lists some more than once and sometimes lists and plays the same track twice in a row.

Spoon
03-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Not currently no.