PDA

View Full Version : Is Windows Home Server Required?

ctouhey
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
I am attempting to serve FLAC files to a DENON AVP A1HDCI.

I downloaded the CD ripper and successfully ripped a few CDs to FLAC.

I downloaded Asset, but all I see is a configuration box. I read through the support page, and it makes reference to Windows Home Server.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition. I have looked at the Network and Sharing Center in Control panel I have shared the entire physical drive and removed every restriction I can find.

The A1HDCI is registered for network access via MAC address. The GUI for the AVP shows that it picks up an IP Address. Internet radio stations are currently successfully streamed to the AVP via a built in feature.

The AVP has a Media Server menu selection, but it is empty. So, either Asset is not yet properly installed or configured, or I need some other software to make it work.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Spoon
02-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Asset is designed to run in the background, the configuration page is there to just configure it.

Make sure your firewall is not blocking asset.

ctouhey
02-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Windows firewall says "Your computer is not protected. Turn on Windows Firewall".

I promise, I'm not computer literate. I actually built several in the late 80s, but that was like 10 years ago or so...

Chris

Spoon
03-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Unless you have another control point you cannot tell which is at fault, try running KinskyDesktop:

http://www.linn.co.uk/ds_software*blooper*KinskyDesktopPC

Which will allow you to browse Asset (if it is working correctly).