PDA

View Full Version : Batch Ripper / Primera BravoPro Xi2

athanson2
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I will be using Batch Ripper with the Primera BravoPro Xi2 (two-drive) Disc Publisher.

Is there a way to create a list containing just the Artist Name and CD Title for the CD's ripped in the batch so that I could import that list into a Word document or email?

Thanks.

Spoon
02-23-2010, 07:02 AM
>Is there a way to create a list containing just the Artist Name and CD Title for the CD's ripped in the batch so that I could import that list into a Word document or email?

We have a contractor who could quote for such (it would not be expensive).

athanson2
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
The only two columns we will need on the Batch Ripper extract file are the "Artist Name" and "Album Name" field.

"Artist Name" needs to appear as "Lastname, Firstname" if the artist is an individual and as "Band Name" if a band. For example, the program would need to distinguish "Ruby Sons" (the band) from "Ruby Smith" (the artist). In the first case the extract would appear as "Ruby Sons" while in the second case "Smith, Ruby."

Articles like "The, An, A" would need to follow the Artist Name. For example, "The Beatles" would appear as "Beatles, The."

Can we get an estimate to program this extract file from the Batch Ripper?

Spoon
02-25-2010, 02:43 PM
>Ruby Sons" (the band) from "Ruby Smith" (the artist)

How would it distinguish this? even if searching on the internet would not be 100% accurate.

athanson2
02-25-2010, 05:53 PM
You're right - let's just do the "Artist Name" and "Album Name" field as it appears in the meta data. Can you get an estimate on that? Thanks

dougstrach
02-26-2010, 03:17 PM
athanson2

GD3 has a tool called GD3 Tagger that can output a ripping directory with all the metadata included in Excel format. From there, you can use Excel to find all the needed fields that you need.

The ripping directory for the batch rip output should include the disc position as well, so the list could be numbered in the same order as your CDs.

Let me know how I could help you with our GD3 Tagger program.

Doug