PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Artist or Album from tree fails

timk
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Running Asset 3 beta and controlling with Oppo BDP-83. When I select Artist from the tree, I am kicked out of Asset entirely, back to the Oppo menu where you select the DLNA server. When I select Album, it completely locks up and I need to power cycle to Oppo to restore. Any idea as to what would cause this behavior? I can access tracks successfully via either the Genre or Year tree options so I know Access is working to actually play tracks at all. Playing mostly Flac files with some MP3s as well. Using default tree structure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can send the debug text if needed but it is rather large to be posting here. Thanks.

Spoon
02-19-2010, 04:02 AM
The fault will be in the oppo, perhaps there are too many results for it? in Asset Configuration >> Advanced Edit under the browse tree click the restore default button and change to hand held controller.

timk
02-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Switching to hand held controller did the trick, thanks! :D Still a little flaky as it locks up off and on but I can at least see the Artist and Album options correctly now. Where it locks is occasionally after selecting a particular artist. It is not consistent as I can select the same artist once with it locking up and the next time with it working just fine.