PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 Streaming

SOT
05-09-2003, 07:31 PM
I donīt know if all of you guys got this problem, but when I try to open a mp3 file on the net, IE shows me "Page cannot be displayed." This is really annoying. I was wondering if there is a way to implement streaming on DAP or if DAP could handle the link as a download manager or something like that

THX!

heinhuiz
05-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey! I've got the same problem! I cannot even save an MP3 from the net.

Is this dAP-related? It could be, since it occured around the same time I converted to sAP from WinAMP...

Wow... Does this mean I have got to go back to the stone age of WinAMP, or does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Razgo
05-16-2003, 03:31 AM
currently dap doesn't support streaming. where is this page that has the mp3? i have no trouble downloading mp3's

SOT
05-17-2003, 08:59 PM
I Wonder if Db could redirect the mp3 to Windowsīs default download manager?

heinhuiz
05-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Razgo
currently dap doesn't support streaming. where is this page that has the mp3? i have no trouble downloading mp3's Razgo, for example http://www.tycoon.mxm.cx/bananadownloads.html
On this site all .mp3 files result in a dead link.

Fortunately, I found out that I actually can download mp3's by right-clicking them and then selecting 'Save Target As...', so my problem is solved :thumbup: (and hopefully DOT's).

SOT
05-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by heinhuiz
Razgo, for example http://www.tycoon.mxm.cx/bananadownloads.html
On this site all .mp3 files result in a dead link.

Fortunately, I found out that I actually can download mp3's by right-clicking them and then selecting 'Save Target As...', so my problem is solved :thumbup: (and hopefully DOT's).

the problem is when you try to do this on flash presentations.... or buttons... it just doesnīt work

Razgo
05-17-2003, 10:11 PM
yes i suspect it is things to do with how Ie6 is configured. currently if i click on an m3 from that site it will open a new window and start streaming through my quick time player. so i need to right click over music files also to save.

heinhuiz
05-17-2003, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure whether this problem started after installing dAP of after uninstalling WinAMP, but you're right things can be related to IE settings (or registry settings!).

IE used to ask me whether I would save or open a file after clicking an .mp3 link (you know the window I guess, with the option to set one of those actions as default).

I've been browsing my registry for suspect settings, but although I couldn't find anything, I tend to believe IE tries to open a .dll or something that doesn't exist (anymore) to download the file.

Razgo, is QT your default mp3 player?

Razgo
05-17-2003, 11:22 PM
my default mp3 player is dbpoweramp. i did look at my QT setting and disabled browser pluggin support. that stopped QT from opening up and mp3 file when i left click on a link. however it just opens a blank page now. right click and save as still works. but haven't figured the out the other problem of getting IE6 to act as a download manager when left clicking on an mp3 file for download.

heinhuiz
05-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Hmm... Maybe dAP needs 'browser plugin support', whatever that may mean :blush:

Thx for trying, anyway!

Razgo
05-17-2003, 11:52 PM
in the end i still think it's wise to invest in a seperate download manager rather thaqn relying on IE6 to download things.

i use dap http://www.speedbit.com/DAPDL.asp? every now and then. it has a huge amount of feautures and works well. but do a search in google to check out all the free download managers. i think it's worth the time to check it out.

heinhuiz
05-18-2003, 12:07 AM
Haha, in any case :D you are a real dap (dAP DAP) fan, Razgo!

Razgo
05-18-2003, 12:09 AM
lol, yes it was quite ironic that the download manager i use is also called dap! go figure :D

SOT
05-18-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by heinhuiz
Haha, in any case :D you are a real dap (dAP DAP) fan, Razgo!

hHahahAhaHaha

Razgo
05-18-2003, 12:19 AM
heinhuiz, your idea of a dap browser pluggin is not such a bad idea either. perhaps add that one to the wish list.

DDM (dap download manager) has a nice ring to it :thumbup:

donny
05-18-2003, 05:00 AM
I also use both DAP and dAP :D , and just to boost stuff up, my initials are D.A.P.

Razgo
05-18-2003, 05:05 AM
lol, well that's serin"dap"ity :D and when we get old we don't go senile we just get de dap itated.

ok, time to cut back on the caffeine!:eek:

heinhuiz
05-18-2003, 10:19 PM
'Dapper' - the Dutch translation of 'brave'...