PDA

View Full Version : Offline editing or...?

winopener
02-17-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm at +- 2/3 of my ripping work and now the "easy" part has been done, where "easy" is ripping cd where meta infos were present somewhere. Now comes the "hard" part - discs were meta infos doesn't exist - and i'm facing a problem i didn't considered.
I have a little less of a thousand promo CD ranging from 1992 to present day, most of them have NO tracklist on the card or on the jewel case, the tracklist is present ONLY on the disc itself.
So...
- if i load the cd on the drive, i can't read the tracklist;
- if i read the tracklist, i can't edit anything (since the disc is out of the drive).

Other than scanning / photocopying the disc itself before putting it into the drive... there are other solutions available? A kind of "offline" editing? A "attrib track list" to a already compressed anonymous flac+cue?

garym
02-17-2010, 09:21 AM
not sure about dbpa in this regard, but you could rip in dbpa, then open the files in mp3tag (does more than mp3) and while looking at the physcial disk, enter the track info.

winopener
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Problem is, this is a single-disc approach, involving manually swapping each disc.
What i was thinking... load a 50-disc spindle, all are ripped and named "Disc01", "Disc02" etc 'til "Disc50" - then i can take off the spindle and, since the discs are in the same sequence, i know what is Disc01, so i can edit down the tracks data of this one, then repeat...
Hints?