PDA

View Full Version : Worlds First Windows iPod mp4 Uploader!

Spoon
05-08-2003, 07:01 PM
The full release of the Apple iPod driver for Sveta Portable Audio is now available:

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/sveta-portable-audio.htm

fconsiglio
05-13-2003, 05:40 AM
Can i update my ipod that contain mp3 files with this beta software version ?

Spoon
05-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Mp3 files are handled no problems.

Spoon
05-13-2003, 05:58 PM
Now Updated to Beta 2, see modified first message for details.

Much has changed, before it becomes final release I have to add Audible Support, Smart Playlist Creation, Playlist editing and a few other nick-naks.

fconsiglio
05-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Problems with sveta:

- When i try to delete mp3 files from ipod window they remain
dislpayed in the list

- " convert to " ipod remain at 0 % with normal priority setted

- there is no possibility to view the files by album. it is very usefull

thanks

Spoon
05-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Does it show an error when you try to del the mp3 files? are you looking in a playlist or [All Tracks]? if you use Sveta to upload the mp3 can it be deleted?

Your convert to: what are you converting? are you converting it to mp4 on the ipod? does it show 0% right at the beginning or after it has encoded the audio file and is sending to the iPod?

fconsiglio
05-15-2003, 04:48 AM
When i see "all tracks". The files are already present in the ipod.
I delete ,selecting with " shift button" all files and i see the status bar indicating the the progress but at the end are already displayed but the ipod is empty.

when all the files are deleted , i select all files in music collection and i do "convert to" ipod . the progress bar remain at 0 % forever.

Akegata
05-15-2003, 08:51 AM
I just downloaded everything following the instructions posted here, and I get a rather strange error.
The first time I opened up Sveta Explorer (via the iPod icon, trying to run svetaexplorer.exe doesn't work. Maybe it should be that way.), it loaded the track listning perfectly.
Then I restarted my computer and tried to open it again. This time though, it gets stuck on 'Retrieving Track Listing...' and takes 99 CPU power...and it just sits there.

Did I do something wrong?

Spoon
05-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Make sure that 'iPod Updater, or watcher' is not running, as it gets in the way - you can either end task it, or set Music MatchJukebox to 'firewire disc mode' on the iPod Tab.

>i select all files in music collection and i do "convert to" ipod . the progress bar remain at 0 % forever.

How many files do you have?

Akegata
05-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Well, I get sveta to read all files on my ipod now (not doing much more than reinstalling stuff), but it seems like it has problems with the ipod database. When I shut down sveta and try to play songs on my ipod, only one song is shown.
I can get the rest back by using the restore database-option in xplay though. Do I need to shutdown sveta in som special way, or is it not possible to use sveta and xplay at once (not that it seems to make any difference to me)? What's going on?

Spoon
05-18-2003, 11:28 AM
Sveta lists all the tracks on your iPod, when you close the Sveta Explorer the iPod only shows 1 track? if you run Sveta again does it show all the tracks?

Akegata
05-19-2003, 05:57 AM
I bet I have more problems with this than anyone else. :P
I booted up sveta again, it showed all songs like I assumed it would. Then I powered it down, and by habit I right-clicked on the xplay systray icon and choose 'stop my ipod', which first gave me an error message and then a BSOD. -_-;

Anyways, since my pod had already been disconnected by sveta, I checked it, and it only shows one song.
Now, and I hadn't realised this before, sveta starts up, tries to load the track list and gets stuck there, taking 99% cpu power, like it did before.

So I guess the database gets screwed up somehow, and sveta tries to read it, but since it fails, it just locks?

Is it something really simple like the ipod has to be a windows ipod (even though I think I tried that before)?

Akegata
05-19-2003, 06:11 AM
Yup..there we go. WinniePod did the trick.
That should probably be looked into though, since I am sure more people than I have their ipods formatted for apple (not that I can say one good reason for this, but still).

On another matter, I had to upload a file with ephpod for sveta to see my ipod, i.e. it couldn't be found when it was completely empty.

Akegata
05-19-2003, 06:28 AM
Just to semi-spam the forum, now that I got it working (even encoding mp4's after some klicking around) I have to say WOW. I certainly see why people say this is a great program.
I don't want to know how many hours I have spent the last days trying my ipod to read aac files, and trying to tag them and whatnot.
Now I feel kinda stupid when all I really needed was sveta all along. Thanks a bunch. ^_^

Spoon
05-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the pointer about not picking up the ipod when it is formatted.

I don't think you had a Mac iPod otherwise the PC wouldn't have picked it up...

Spoon
05-20-2003, 05:47 PM
* * * * * BETA 3 Released * * * * * *

Here it is, the penultimate beta release. As per last time, the first message in this thread has been updated to reflect the new downloads (only mp4 Codec and Sveta iPod driver have changed this time since beta 2).

Mp4 - Switched to fastenc and new mp4creator. Tags are now compatible with foobar tracknumber.

Sveta iPod Driver - many new options, CRC checking, optional smart playlist creation, playlist editing, it's the dogs...

Yet to do: Add restore database option, 'Add Lost Files' function (will search iPod)

Spoon
05-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Almost there, we are close to full release...Sveta Portable Audio and iPod driver updated, see the updated first message once more.

Unregistered
05-28-2003, 06:56 AM
gf

TheGuardian
05-28-2003, 06:57 AM
A word of caution :

I just copied over 691 Songs, that was an awful lot of work. All of them were Mp4-AAC files generated by Nero. Now I finished copying and quit Sveta. Everything went properly. But then as I looked upon my iPod all files were 0:00 seconds in lenght! Seems Like Sveta messed up the iTunesDB because the songs are physically there and were copied over proplerly.

I was using an VIA Firewire Card/Windows 2000/Macdrive XP/Sevta iPod RC 1

Spoon - can you fix this ? As this Bug renders your software useless....

Spoon
05-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the test file, I tried it and it worked fine on mine. I think the dBpowerAMP mp4 codec is not where it should be, the mp4 codec needs to be installed the same location as Sveta Portable audio, you will be able to tell if it is installed correctly as right clicking on the .mp4 file will give 'Convert To'

Tarod
05-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by TheGuardian
A word of caution :

I just copied over 691 Songs, that was an awful lot of work. All of them were Mp4-AAC files generated by Nero. Now I finished copying and quit Sveta. Everything went properly. But then as I looked upon my iPod all files were 0:00 seconds in lenght! Seems Like Sveta messed up the iTunesDB because the songs are physically there and were copied over proplerly.

I was using an VIA Firewire Card/Windows 2000/Macdrive XP/Sevta iPod RC 1

Spoon - can you fix this ? As this Bug renders your software useless....

There are two more bugs -quite annoying both of them. First one is a pitty problem transfering more than 20 files for an album. Try to name 23 file like this:

Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 01 - Ayuda Humanitaria.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 02 - Bomba Nuclear.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 03 - Diferencias.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 04 - Cada Día, Cada Noche.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 05 - Tengo.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 06 - Mi Lúcida Realidad.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 07 - La Escuela.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 08 - La Otra Cara De La Opulencia.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 09 - Criminalización.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 10 - Centro RETO.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 11 - La Matanza.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 12 - El Reparto De La Miseria.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 13 - Ser Humano.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 14 - Medios De C. O. N. T. R. O. L..mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 15 - Las Cárceles.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 16 - Juventud Engañada (Bap Cover).mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 17 - Jefe Baboso.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 18 - Vida Hipotecada.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 19 - Trabajo Familia.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 20 - Victim In Paw (Agnostic Front Cover).mp4

You will se that you will end with 23 files in your iPod named "Insultos Al Gobiertno - 19.mp4". This means that at least 3 songs are overwrited by different one. And probably you will end with -at least- 3 or 6 songs that can't be played. :(

Second one is the problem with "graphical accents", for example a song title like this: "Las Cárceles.mp4" will end with two weird characters in place of "á". Why? Probably a missed conversion from ANSI -> Unicode when transfering titles to iTunesDB.

And third -not least important: what about people like me that has everything sorted by album? Did you tried to delete a complete album? It's a pain in the ass when you try to erase a complete album from an artist when you have 4 more albums from the same artist!

Cheers.

PS. Anyway, good job, and I know it will be solved in next release.

Spoon
05-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 01 - Ayuda Humanitaria.mp4

Are your tracks ID tagged? I will try the test in any case.

I will look at tagging of accent chars when I update the tagging code (menno is going to make it compatible with Apple tagging).

Tarod
05-31-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Spoon
Are your tracks ID tagged? I will try the test in any case.

I will look at tagging of accent chars when I update the tagging code (menno is going to make it compatible with Apple tagging).

Yeah, they're tagged using foobar2000. I forget to tell that those files are Nero AAC/MP4 files. But I observed same behavior using MP3 files.

I realize that I forget 3 songs in listing:

Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 21 - Puto Y Jodido Ruido!!.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 22 - Quien No Llora.mp4
Insultos Al Gobierno - 19 Insultos!! - 23 - Tú Sabes Porqué.mp4

Cheers.

PS. What about album sorting? :)

Spoon
06-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Beta closed now released.

PS Album sorting with a future Sveta Release.