PDA

View Full Version : ISRC strangeness

pjc2
01-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Fortunately, I caught missing ISRC data after batching a single disc as a test. I managed to find the release notes for Batch Ripper 1.2 that mentioned:

added -isrc on command line to read isrc from CDs

But here's the strange thing. The first time I batch ripped the disc, it got a date of 1980 and no ISRC. The second time I batch ripped it with the -isrc option, I got a date of 2000 and the ISRC. CD Ripper reports a date of 1980 even when reading ISRC.

Is the date from the providers getting overwritten by the ISRC data from the CD?

(On a related note, do CD-Text and/or CD-UPC reading also require use of special flags in Batch Ripper? Or do they just work -- or not?)

Spoon
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
They both have slightly different implementation of Perfectmeta, hence the difference.

pjc2
01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
They both have slightly different implementation of Perfectmeta, hence the difference.

But both CD Ripper and Batch Ripper gave me 1980 as the year -- until I turned on ISRC in Batch Ripper. Why does ISRC cause that change?

(And are CD-Text and CD-UPC supported in Batch Ripper?)

Spoon
01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
ISRC has a year, in CD Ripper the online metadata might take preference, where as in Batch Ripper it is the other way around.

pjc2
01-27-2010, 07:40 PM
ISRC has a year, in CD Ripper the online metadata might take preference, where as in Batch Ripper it is the other way around.
Sorry, I realize I left out an important detail: the track ISRCs have a year of 1998.

Is there a disc-level ISRC that could be providing the 2000 date? Or is PerfectMeta picking a provider's date that's closer to the ISRC year?

And what about CD-Text and CD-UPC? Are those supported in Batch Ripper at all?

Spoon
01-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Those two are not supported in Batch Ripper.

Turn on Manual Input & Review for the metadata to see where 2000 comes from.

pjc2
01-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Those two are not supported in Batch Ripper.
Could you add CD-UPC to a future version of Batch Ripper please? I can live without CD-Text, but CD-UPC is very important to me.

And thanks for the manual review tip. I'll check it out.

Spoon
01-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Added to the request list.