PDA

View Full Version : Asset UPnP hiccups on PS3

rollo.tomasi
01-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I'd really like to play music on the PS3 at 44.1KHz. But for wireless streaming from Windows Media Player on my PC, it hiccups at 44.1KHz, so I have to play it at 48KHz. And by hiccup I mean an intermittent pause for 2-3 seconds that happens every 1-2 minutes. I read that this is a PS3 3.0 firmware bug. So I downloaded Asset UPnP thinking it could solve this problem, but it hiccups at both 44.1KHz AND 48KHz with a wireless connection. If I use a wired connection, it doesn't skip at all.

I've tried a million ways to fix this. In the Asset Configuration menu, I set mp3 to LPCM, still the same problem. I tried all of the other settings as well. I tested all of the wireless settings on my router. My PS3 is 15 feet away from my wireless router, its in the next room. I have 97% signal strength. At a wireless connection, the PS3 download speed hovers around 4Mbps, same for upload speed. The wired connection is around 10Mbps. I'm using a Netgear WNDR3300, a dual-band wireless-n router set at the default 270Mbps at 2.4GHz. The PC I am streaming from is connected directly to the router. I tried from my wireless laptop as well and get the same problems. I also disabled the firewall.

Any ideas?

Spoon
01-27-2010, 04:31 AM
It does point to the wireless having some kind of issue, networking should be transparent (to the connected devices) whether it is wireless, or wired.

rollo.tomasi
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for responding. But I'm unfamiliar with the "transparent network" term. Do you know what I can do to make the network transparent?

Spoon
02-04-2010, 02:17 PM
It is my term ;)

By transparent I meant that as far as both the source and receiver are concerned, wireless and wired would be exactly the same as far as data transmission if both are working correctly. But if there are wireless dropouts then wireless will cause the receiver to drop the stream.

scubawolf
06-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Just installed asset. I see the intermittent problem with it but not with media connect. Is there a setting I need to change?

tapestry45
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
It is my term ;)

By transparent I meant that as far as both the source and receiver are concerned, wireless and wired would be exactly the same as far as data transmission if both are working correctly. But if there are wireless dropouts then wireless will cause the receiver to drop the stream.

Asset UPnP:PC/Internet Radio [Radio Time]/Music/Internet Only/Ministry of Sound/Solar Radio (Jazz) [32kbps]. This station plays truthfully through Asset Control via Main - dBpoweramp Reference using the uPlayer in the back ground. Why does it hiccup on the PS3 after a short while of playback ?

Using Windows xp SP3, OvisLink EVO-W54ARv2 router with UPnP settings ticked, and PS3 all wired. I have on the Asset UPnP configuration Radio as LPCM and on the PS3 the Output frequency at 48 kHz. Is there something wrong with my set up, or could it be problems with the broadcast ? If so why does it stream properly on the Asset Control and not on the PS3 ?

tapestry45
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi there, Iīve reached to the conclusion that on Internet Radio with the PS3 and after installing the 3.1 Beta, that no radio station streams at all ( that is from the beginning, and not after half an hour of play back ) which has less than 64kbps streaming properties. Any broadcast that streams on 64kbps or above will work properly ( on most ocasions that is ) any thing below will slump inmediately into distorsion. I thougt I might as well bring this up for all those who donīt have much time in adjusting practically every posibility on the Asset Override, also on the PS3 internet set-up, also the router configuration, a hint of warning, leave everything as it is, or else it wonīt work at ALL!!!
( like what happened to me ). No regrets, but I hope some day Sony will find a solution to this, because the reason i bought Asset was to be able to stream as low as 32kbps.