PDA

View Full Version : Browsing-tree [AlbumArtist] - [A-Z] - [Album]

talisker
01-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Spoon
first of all thank you for your lovely products. I use the ripping software as well as the Asset UPNP (both registered).
My setup is a Linn Majik, a Philips Pronto remote control and WHS. In the meanwhile I have about 1200 CD's within my archive.
Now my problem is, that the pronto has always an overflow when I select an artist which have a lot of titles within the archive. No my idea was to set the browse tree to:
AlbumArtist - grouped by A-Z - Album
Unfortunately I get always all titles when I select an Artist and only in a subtree then the Albums. What I want to reach is, getting directly the Albums when I select an Artist without having all Titles - this would prevent my Pronto from this memory overflow's. Is there a way to configure the tree like that?

Thank you very much for an answer/solution, kind regards
Kurt

Spoon
01-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Asset Configuration >> Advanced under the browse tree click Restore Default and choose the Hand Held Controller option.

talisker
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Spoon

thanks for your reply. Tried it and can not regonize any difference. Get still all titles and not only the related albums when I select an artist.
I'd like to get the following:

AlbumArtist
...B
.......Beatles
...........<Play all Albums> - if possible
...........Abbey Road
.................[All titles]
...........Help!
...........Rubber Soul
.......Billy Cobham
...........<Play all Albums> - if possible
...........Crosswinds
etc...

Thank you, kind regards
Kurt

Spoon
01-28-2010, 03:31 PM
If you browse by artist (not album artist) it works as expected?

talisker
01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately no - it has the same behaviour.

Spoon
01-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Ah did not realise you are selecting A-Z, it is a current limitation of the A-Z, it will be a future update which solves.

talisker
02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Have you got an idea when this update /feature will be available?

Spoon
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
It will be in R3 which will be some time.

DrFink
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
@Spoon:

Talking about the limitation of "A - Z" - I have another request:

When choosing "A - Z", you have 27 sub-folders: A, B, ..., Z and "0-9". I wish that it's possible to extended or shorten it - e.g.

- A, B,..., Z, 0, 1, ..., 9

or (if you have lots of artists/albums with the capital S and only a few with X, Y, and Z):

- A, B, ..., R, Sa-Sm, Sn-Sz, T, U, V, W, X-Z, 0-9

or (if you have no tags starting with a digit: delete "0-9")

- A, B, ..., Z

An individual "A-Z"-configuration for each ID-tag would be even better!

Maybe some people think that a configuration of "A-Z" is not necessary, but a major advantage of Asset UPnP is the ability to adjust the tree individually - but only the subfolders of "A - Z" can't be changed.

So that's my request for R3. :)

DrFink