PDA

View Full Version : Asset connection problems

Tom_W
01-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Are there any compatibility issues with Asset v2.1 and Windows 7 64 bit?

I am trying to stream to a NaimUniti (via Lan)

I am having problems with an intermittent connection to the server (network connection is fine). Sometimes everything works ok, sometimes the NaimUniti can see the Asset upnp server, but is unable to stream the tracks, and sometimes Asset server is not visible at all.

Is there a way to check that Asset starts automatically. On occasions i have had to restart it through the configuration panel

Also, I am running another UPnP server - Foobar - will this cause a conflict?

Spoon
01-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Is the computer Asset running on wired to the router which is wired to the unity? or are any of them wireless?

Tom_W
01-19-2010, 03:36 AM
All connections are wired.
I had the same issues over wireless, but changed to try and eliminate the network as a potential problem.

Spoon
01-19-2010, 05:03 AM
One thing to make sure is the the IP addresses of your computer / Unity are not changing, you can normally log into the router to view attached devices, make a note of the IP address then later then there are issues do it again, they should be the same.

Tom_W
01-19-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi Spoon,
My connection just dropped out, and I was returned to the 'choose available UPnP servers' screen so i checked the IP address as suggested - it hadn't changed.

This happened shortly after I launched Foobar (including UPnP component - although i was only using it to browse my library on the PC). Do you think this a coincidence?

Spoon
01-19-2010, 06:11 AM
If it is repeatable then it is not a coincidence. UPnP should not be effected by multiple servers appearing.

Tom_W
01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
OK, thanks. I'll keep an eye on the behaviour.