PDA

View Full Version : Unreliable typing in fields at top of ripper

controvas
01-17-2010, 02:23 PM
This is happening to me on different computers. When filling out fields like year or artist, the position of the cursor in the field randomly jumps to the first position of the field. So when typing a year like 1999, after typing the first character, it randomly repositions itself in front of the 1, so it appears to now be 91 after two characters.

I thought for a long time that this was a problem with my keyboard or computer, but eventually realized the problem was isolated to the fields in the top bar. And now that I am ripping on a completely different computer (a mac running fusion--previously a typical PC) the problem is identical and equally annoying.

It doesn't matter how slowly or quickly I type--it seems to be purely random in nature. I am just surprised that I can't find any other complaints in the forums about this issue.

The problem seems to NEVER occur in the title field--only the fields like Artist, Year, etc. Am I really the only person experiencing this problem?

Spoon
01-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Which Windows version? and which dbpoweramp version?

controvas
01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Currently Win 7, but before with XP. Now with 13.3, before with 12.x.

So this is not a new problem for me, and seems OS and version agnostic.

I just want to reiterate that this absolutely does not have anything to do with mis-typing--when it occurs, I can watch myself deliberately press a key and watch the cursor jump with no other keys being pressed. And it can happen at any character in a given field.

Tig
01-17-2010, 10:28 PM
This is happening to me on different computers. When filling out fields like year or artist, the position of the cursor in the field randomly jumps to the first position of the field. So when typing a year like 1999, after typing the first character, it randomly repositions itself in front of the 1, so it appears to now be 91 after two characters. ...

The problem seems to NEVER occur in the title field--only the fields like Artist, Year, etc. Am I really the only person experiencing this problem?

I tested this on my computer (Vista SP1 64-bit, dBpoweramp Reference v13.3) with both the artist and year field at the top of the CD ripper (tried on various discs inserted) and I am not encountering this problem myself. Hopefully you can find a solution to this.

controvas
01-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Thank you for checking. For as consistent as this problem has been for me, if it were a widespread issue I would imagine this would have been reported already. I can't imagine what I am doing that would follow me across different (and rebuilt) OSs.

I don't think anyone would need to check for the problem--if you have the problem, you would already be annoyingly aware of it.

Spoon
01-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Do you have a special keyboard? (as odd as it sounds)

controvas
01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Well, on my first computer I used an Adesso keyboard, so I long suspected that had something to do with the problem. Now I have been using a MBP/VMWare Fusion. Since the problem is identical, that reasonably rules out the Adesso, unless Fusion is in some way concidentally similar in the keyboard driver to the Adesso. Anyway, it is not clear why only certain fields (not the title field) within one application would be problematic for the keyboard--one would think it would be a more universal problem if the keyboard were the culprit.