PDA

View Full Version : No DSP effects

goosse
01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm new to Dbpoweramp so i downloaded the trial version and installed the dsp effects. I use the guide to rip my first cd bit in the guide is said i have to select a dsp effect "ReplayGain| but i can not select one DSP at all.
I'm using the dutch version of windows 7 and i see everything is installed.
When i try to select a dsp effect i see in grey the text "DSP requires powerpack" so no option to select any DSP effect.
Anyone an idea what seems to be the problem?

Spoon
01-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Your reference trial has ended, and that is required (or Reference Registered) to use DSP effects.

goosse
01-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Your reference trial has ended, and that is required (or Reference Registered) to use DSP effects.

That's quick in an hour the trial ended!!
First time i installed the program and the same evening i tried to use it so that couldn't be the problem or the problem is that only registered reference users may use the dsp effects and not when you use the trial version?

Spoon
01-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Install into an account with administrator privileges.

goosse
01-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Install into an account with administrator privileges.

sorry to hear that because i do not want to be using my system as an administrator. I install the software using my admin account but i do not work using that account.

Gave it a try and yes it worked started the program as admin works...

Spoon
01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
You can set to admin, install then set back to limited user. It is the config program which is elevated to admin which activates the trial in the admin account.

jsperko
10-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I still don't fully understand. Can you make DSP work in a standard account? Can DSP work in a standard Windows 7 x64 account, ever? Will it work in a standard account after purchase? Please detail the steps to make it work in a standard user account. Thanks very much.

Spoon
10-29-2011, 11:07 AM
This relates only to the trial version, the registered version does not have any issues.

marty.h.au
10-30-2012, 03:16 AM
It would help if this issue was made known in the FAQ and/or on the illustrate website next to the install link. I know this is a year-old thread but the issue is still utterly relevant.

That said, am about to purchase the dBpoweramp reference licence anyway because this is still wonderful, top-quality software and you guys should be proud. Keep it up.