PDA

View Full Version : Asset - Album Art sorted by Artist ?

bennet
12-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Hello,
I am using Asset UPnP (Rel 2) and KinskyDesktop (3.2.2). I have one problem, that I thougt many of you must have had as well. I like to view my ripped CDs in the album view, because that way I can see the cover art and browse all my CDs in one window. Unfortunately they are sorted by album name:cry:. But I desperatly want to have the albums sorted by artist with the cover art in one window. Please help!
Thanks
bennet

Spoon
12-24-2009, 09:42 AM
I do not think you can sort like this, it is quite unusual, unless you can point to another system which sorts like this?

bennet
12-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Hello Spoon, thanks for your quick reply. I donīt think that my way of sorting is unusual. Here a simple example: When browse through my CDs the CD next to my Dire Straits Communique is John Mayer Continuum not my other Dire Straits CDs. In my bookshelf the CDs are sorted by Artist, all Dire Straits CD, all Beethoven, and so on. I would think, thats the way everybody puts his CDs in a shelf? Is there a way to get my ripped CD sorted that way?
Thanks for your help.
bennet

Spoon
12-26-2009, 04:52 AM
If you are looking for a specific ablbum, by an artist then you would browse by artist >> [album].

Your shelves are fixed, in that the discs do not organize depending on what you are searching for, if you are searching by album it is because you potentially know the album name, if not then go in by artist.

Animal
01-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Spoon, sorry but I agree with bennet on this.
Sometimes I also miss this functionality when I just wanna be able to "look along my CD-shelves" and NOT know in advance which artist/group I wanna listen to and then I want things sorted primarily on Artist and then secondary sort on Album-name ...
(not saying that any other product offers this, mind you)

Regards, Louis.