PDA

View Full Version : Post-rip work: batch renaming

winopener
12-14-2009, 05:56 AM
I have started to rip my cd collection after replacing the Teac drive (tray locking problems... ended up with a TSST S182, good ripper, same form factor and tray compatible with the extra saw-work for adaptation to the Kodak Kiosk mechanism - highly recommended).

Alphabetically one of the first discography to pass the rip was the Beatles one.

However, the ripped files ended up in three different folders, following the Metadata found:

Beatles
Beatles, The
The Beatles

I can organize manually the folders to have it on just one, "Beatles", however the tags in the single-flac-file and cuesheet will reflect the original mess.
There is a kind of "batch renamer" in order to uniform the tags between the various flac/cue pair without doing everything by hand one by one?

EliC
12-14-2009, 07:14 AM
This is exactly why I am hoping the next version of dBpoweramp can check the artist names already used and utilize the musicbrainz alternative names list to compare and only use one consistent name.

winopener
12-14-2009, 04:31 PM
So... seems there is no option at present time?

EliC
12-14-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't use dBpoweramp for tag editing, but you should be able to select multiple files and change the artist in all of them at once.