PDA

View Full Version : Mediaplayer 9 Medialibrary support

SuperDre
05-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Hi,

One thing I don't like about the dBpowerAMP is the Music collection part, it isn't as nice/handy as the MediaPlayer 9 Media library. Maybe you could support the Mediaplayer 9 media library so people don't have to have 2 separate music collections. I have a lot of MP3's already stored nicely in the mediaplayer, and it is very easy to just play one album by selecting the album, Now I have to look for the album from a large list in the music collection.

Spoon
05-01-2003, 12:48 PM
I keep on planning to add a nice easy album mode - the more people ask for it the higher a priority I will give it.

Razgo
05-01-2003, 08:02 PM
??

I just use the MMC search drop down menu, then select the artist I want the right click and select album. nothing too hard there.

and you can choose which field you want to exclude, like artist, album, and title.

I can understand though that MMC has a different approach. so maybe an easy mode for newbies comming from other players?

Joseph
05-02-2003, 01:40 PM
I did notice something about doing that(i have been doing this since I first started using dbpoweramp) Is when you select the option "Play selected album" it plays fine. But if I exit and come back and try to play previous tracks, I have to start from scratch.

donny
05-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Yes I really liked the lybriary in the media player, back when I was using Winamp, I used to use media player for playing albums. Then winamps playlist was usually filled with all the tracks that I had on my hard drive...
Man, was I happy when I found dbpower amp ;-)
It has the lybrary AND all tracks from hard playing all the time....
hm, maybe album support could use some additions

maybe if there was an option not to remove enqueued track that were played, I mean when a track is over it's added to the end of the queue. Of course this would be a new mod of playing, besides 'random play collection' and 'selective', something like 'repeat queue' ....