PDA

View Full Version : FLAC - XBox - will not play by genre

ksteele
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I installed an older version of Asset UPnP some time ago and was unable to get my FLAC files to stream to my XBox. I uninstalled it.

I recently installed version 2 on WinXP to give it another try. My FLAC files now play fine on myXBox with version 2 if chosen by Artist, Album or Song. If I select the root of Genre, it will also play the songs, but if I select a genre, such as "Rock" and hit "Play Genre" it will not list or play any songs.

Spoon
12-05-2009, 05:43 PM
I think it is related to how the xbox searches for tracks, it will not go more than one folder deep, so where asset shows [album] under genre that will stop it.

ksteele
12-05-2009, 11:11 PM
To resolve this issue can I reconfigure Asset all the way into the directories containing the music files?

Originally, I configured Asset to use:
F:\My Music\Media Monkey\Virtual CD

After reading your reply, I removed:
F:\My Music\Media Monkey\Virtual CD

and reconfigured Asset to use:

F:\My Music\MediaMonkey\VirtualCD\Alternative\Ashes Divide\Keep Telling Myself It's Alright

F:\My Music\MediaMonkey\VirtualCD\Rock\3 Doors Down\Another 700 Miles

(all the way into the directory containing the music files)

It still will not play by genre.

Spoon
12-06-2009, 04:22 AM
No it is the tree design in Asset, you can potentially remove the sub menus for the Genre item (in Asset Configuration).

ksteele
12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
In Asset, I set the root of the "Genre" container to "Display All" and that resolved the issue.