PDA

View Full Version : Batch Vonversion from Apple Lossless to WMA lossless

euryd
11-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Hi,

I just ran a batch conversion from Apple lossless to WMA lossless. When I am in Windows 7 MCE, the album art is missing on some of the albums. Of about 200 CDs, 1/3 or more are missing the album art. I have all the original album art when I am looking at the music with Itunes. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

Spoon
11-28-2009, 07:02 AM
iTunes can keep the album art separate from the audio tracks, so only it can read it.

euryd
11-28-2009, 02:49 PM
iTunes can keep the album art separate from the audio tracks, so only it can read it.

I am trying to keep one master database of my music. I chose Itunes with Apple lossless encoding. I made sure that all the album art covers were up to date within my Itunes database.

My goal was to use dBpoweramp Batch Ripper to convert to other formats such as WMA lossless for PC playback or Flac/mp3 for an Escient music server.

However, I would like to make sure that when I use Batch Ripper, all the album art covers are appropriately transfered across to the other formats. Am I doing this right?

What I am seeing so far is that most of my album art covers got transferred from Apple lossless to WMA lossless but not all of them did. Why would some transfer and not others?

Is this the best way to manage a master database? Thanks.

Spoon
11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Some are in the files, some are not. If you took just that file and moved it to another PC, or MAC, then there would be no album art...

euryd
11-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Some are in the files, some are not. If you took just that file and moved it to another PC, or MAC, then there would be no album art...

Is there a way to tell if the album art is in the apple lossless file or if it is not? I used two methods to get the album art into the file.

1. I allowed Itunes to search for the album art. This worked some of the time.
2. At other times I manually incorporated the album art into the file by right clicking "get info" then copying and pasting the jpeg into the cover art dialog box.