PDA

View Full Version : Post-BatchRipper work

winopener
11-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm testing Batch Ripper with the Kodak Kiosk and so far, so good (enough). I'm testing it with the single-flac-file plugin, in order to have a single cue+flac file for the entire cd.
Many times the Metadata providers doesn't have a graph for the cover of the ripped cd.
How to update later the files with a cover graph, scanned or downloaded from other sources? Maybe the question is dumb for all you experts, i'm an absolute beginner on these automated things.

Spoon
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Right click on Flac file >> Edit ID Tag and add the album art.

ksalno
01-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I have a related question. I am using batch ripper to rip 200 CDs at a time, then uploading them to an HP MediaSmart WHS that uses Asset to serve the music up to WMP devices around the house (Xbox, PS3, and DTV boxes).

I need to go in and clean up some issues with the tag data assigned during the batch ripping process. Mostly it is simple things like changing the genre or adding missing album art. Is there any way to do this once the files are on the server, or do I need to transfer them back to a PC, use the edit tag approach described above, and then retransfer them back to the server?

Spoon
01-06-2010, 04:48 AM
You can install a tag editor on the WHS box (such as dbpoweramp) and remote desktop connect to the box to access the files.

mjt5282
01-12-2010, 07:44 PM
I do all CD ripping using DbPowerAmp with a destination directory remotely mounted over the network from a ReadyNas file server. I bet you could mount the "share" over the network on your ripping PC and edit the tags directly in the destination directory. It is a little slower than direct but on a fast network, you get used to it ... faster then copying,editing,reuploading, i'm sure.