PDA

View Full Version : General question

lassel
11-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Some of my albums, has songs going into each other. There is no "silence" between the tracks. One song fades down while the other starts.

When ripping those CD's I can chose between ripping to,,, a) tracks to different files or to.... b) one big file with all tracks.

Playing this gives with... a) a "break" in the song between two files or i you choose.... b) you cant see the Title of different songs.

Soo,, my question,,, is there any way to handle this situation. Songs fading into each other can not be uncommon.

//lasse

Spoon
11-16-2009, 09:39 AM
UPnP does not allow for gapless playback, Linn have extended the UPnP standard to allow for it, but currently only their players (DS) support it.

lassel
11-16-2009, 09:59 AM
I am using ps3 as client.

Is there is no way for Asset to "trick" the player.
For example if Asset keeps a big file, containing all the tracks, and a index on the side wich tells it about titles and start, stop times... Can Asset use this information to trick PS3?

//lasse

Spoon
11-16-2009, 04:52 PM
No, UPnP does not work like that, the server (asset) is dumb when sending the files, it is the control point (PS3 in this case) which controls the file requests.