PDA

View Full Version : Mis Indexing within Album

JeremyC
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm having a strange problem that is puzzling me.

Everything worked perfectly last time I tried.....

But after restoring my Windows XP PC from an image file (my IE 8 kept looping after an update) I noticed that when selecting song titles from Albums I'm selecting Track 1 and getting Track 4 .. and other random associations...

ie The tracks numbers are picked at random eg track 1 select may give track 2 at another time or track 12, but always from the same album!

My Amp in is Denon 3808A - and I have a Premium Registered Version of Asset UPnP.

Any ideas?.. as I say, it all seemed to work fine before! I'm making the link to Windows, but thats the only thing I can remember changing, other than adding Albums / Tracks to the database...

I have restarted and reindexed.. ie taken all the data out the database unit configuration /edit without any file type selected (ie an empty database), then recreated by scanning again with the right file type(s) selected ....

Spoon
11-09-2009, 03:20 PM
If you select the track not through album (ie just artist) then it is correct?

JeremyC
11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

This got curiouser... I delved a bit deeper and came to the conclusion that it was as though the Denon was just selecting anything at random within the folder on the screen... if there is only one item its takes that, otherwise is selects at random.

I therefore checked the Denon manual for a Random Play mode... Indeed there is such a facility Under Playback Mode on the GUI.

This had two Selections ON above OFF, with the dot on OFF, or so I thought, indicating OFF selected. Anyway I selected ON to see what happened... and got direct track selection again!
Now I've just gone back to the GUI and seen that Random Play has OFF above ON with the dot on OFF..... possibly I'm going mad, but it seems to be quirk with either me (i'm the only one using the Denon) or the Denon...

Sorry for wasting your time in anycase!
(Wonder whether I should post this experience on the Denon Owners Forum! - i updated the firmware earlier in the month, but that was well before this quirk occured. There has been main a power failure though in the meantime, when the amp was on)

JeremyC
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Just to confirm, I'm not going mad...

Its a quirk with the latest Denon 3808A firmware.

If you switch the amp off at the main power supply, the unit goes to Random play ON... but shows Random Play OFF...reselecting OFF puts it off again ... until the next MAIN power off....