PDA

View Full Version : Can't normalize sound

Unregistered
05-04-2002, 03:40 PM
I want to have a 200% volume of originial wav, but when i does this,
my mp3 is crappy (like the windows recorder after does 10X increase volume)

please help me, i don't know how to increase volume anywhere

June
05-04-2002, 07:31 PM
There's an audio editing program called Goldwave (www.goldwave.com) but it may be more complicated than what you're looking for. It shows you the sound as a waveform, then you can alter it; equalize, remove clicks, etc. You can increase volume with Goldwave also. I've never tried to boost something 200% that's quite a bit, but you might be able to do it in Goldwave without overmodulating the signal too much if you're careful.

To be fair, I haven't had the time to try dbpower amp in this capacity yet, so it may well work, and perhaps you just have a setting wrong. Someone else here might be able to advise you on that.

Good luck !

~~ June

Unregistered
05-05-2002, 04:00 AM
Thanks alot GW work very good to increase volume as you want
without any problem, but it isn't as simple and fast than DMC

Spoon
05-05-2002, 04:42 AM
You might want to have a look at the 'Adaptive Normalize' option in the Power Pack, it can stick the sound level right up without the nasty clipping you have got by doing a set increase. It is dMC Option page >> DSP Effects >> Volume Normalize.

Unregistered
05-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Normalizing on "dB" may not be the issue.
I've had excellent results using a product called MP3Trim. Users can increase or decrease the volume of the MP3 in a matter of seconds. The software shows the optimum volume level while the file is opened(this takes my P166 about 3 seconds for a 3 megabyte MP3), and making a mental note of this, you can adjust the relative volume any direction and magnitude you want. Files that were clipping beyond rational ears can be adjusted with no apparent degradation in sound quality, and files that are too weak in volume can be pumped up and still show no appreciable change in sound quality. Give it a try. The only drawback is that the shareware version won't open a file larger than about 7 meg, so you'll need the Pro version. It also does batch processing and has a ton of other great features.

"dB" combined with MP3Trim complement each other beautifully.