PDA

View Full Version : Kodak kiosk: how to verify if the board is shot?

winopener
10-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Hello, newbie here.
Just got a KK following a direction here on the forum but i can't make it work.
What i have done, following the instructions and the tips provided here:
- set up a XP machine
- installed R13; installed Batch Ripper; installed KK drivers.
- installed the Prolific USB-Serial driver
- configured CD-Ripper: the Teac drive is seen correctly and it does works ok (standalone rip ok and accuraterip configuration done)
- configured Batch Ripper: the USB/Serial is seen as Com3, so everything has been set up to use Com3.

Any test except one (which does open the tray) says the error messages "Unable to intialize robot etc...".

Tried the Hyperterminal communication with the board but got no reply at all from the V and C commands.

Is the logic board shot? How can i test the robotic part if everything is still ok and only the board is gone?

Thanks for any suggestion.

BTW, for newbie like me, this manual of the Micro orbit can be useful:

http://www.microboards.com/uploadedFiles/Support/Microboards/Manuals/micro_orbit%20ver%2023.pdf

sonyman
10-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Hello winopener
please open the kiosk Unit and check the connector between the Prolific adapter and the Board! (9Pol Sub D)"Handmade"
Check all Connection on the CPU Board!
Witch Hyperterminal settings have you used? (speed, Parity......etc)

-Bastian-

winopener
10-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Hello winopener
please open the kiosk Unit and check the connector between the Prolific adapter and the Board! (9Pol Sub D)"Handmade"

-Bastian-

Will do.
Settings were 9600 8N1.

winopener
10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Hello winopener

-Bastian-

Checked the situation:
- serial cable between Prolific and the board extension ok;
- power cable board ok
- 40-pin connector ok

To avoid possible serial issues i've connected the serial port of the board directly to a serial port on the pc with a serial cable (working correctly with a modem).

No response at all from the com1 where it was connected, both with hyperterminal and realterm.

setting were 9600 8N1 hw/control none.
The sticker on the eprom says "Kodak ver 1.2."

Suggestions?

UPDATE: a possible source of the problem.
I have taken off the control board from the case and checked the components: nothing seems gone BUT... the EPROM was badly inserted and one pin (the opposite of the one marked with the arrow) was half-bended and not doing contact properly. I have raised the eprom, straightened up the pin and carefully refitted it... but nothing happens still.
Could this be the cause of the problem? If yes, someone can do a copy of the eprom, or tell me what kind of eprom it is and send me the firmware to write on a new one? I can find out a eprom writer somewhere nearby.

sonyman
10-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello winopener,
please check the Power supply (under Load)

Check the Volage must be Red: 5.0V ,Yellow 12.0V Black Ground.
Or disconnet the Build in Power Supply and connect a Working PC power supply.

Bastian

winopener
10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello winopener,
please check the Power supply (under Load)

Check the Volage must be Red: 5.0V ,Yellow 12.0V Black Ground.
Or disconnet the Build in Power Supply and connect a Working PC power supply.

Bastian

Power supply is ok, tested the KK internal one and also tried connecting the board to the PC one. No response.