View Full Version : Tagging issues

10-26-2009, 05:13 AM

I usually use Helium Music Manager to Tag & Rename my flac-Files.

Then I use dBPoweramp to convert them to m4a-files, so that they will fit on my ipod.

The only problem is, that when i open them the Album-Artist is written double.
So I did some testing.

When I use the right-click edit feature from dbPoweramp on the Flac-Files there the Album-Aritst is double, too.

it shows like: AlbumArtist; AlbumArtist

At first I thought Helium Music Manager did do something wrong tagging these files, because I had some Problems concerning Tags with Helium Music Manager in the past.
Thats why I contacted their support and they told me that they write the Album Artist in two fields for compatibility-reasons.

One named "ALBUMARTIST" and the other named "ALBUM ARTIST"

Then I tried "Tag&Rename" witch produces the same error.
(Maybe they do the same as Helium Music Manager does, i don't know)

I hope you can offer me a solution here.
thx, Balefire

10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
There are 2 tags, the next beta of dBpoweramp Music Converter R13.4 will ignore the duplicate.