PDA

View Full Version : All songs greyed out

GBrown
10-24-2009, 12:19 AM
I have a Pioneer DLNA supported plasma TV (Elite PRO-950HD), After changing the server to Asset, all container fields and songs populate OK. But all songs are greyed out, and in the window where the album art is displayed, there is also a small warning triangle with an exclamation mark.

Any advice on how to get up and playing? The interface and customizable containers is exactly what I have been searching for. The WMC control in WMP11 does not allow this kind of flexibility!

Spoon
10-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Perhaps the pionner is not happy with the audio type.

GBrown
10-24-2009, 10:01 AM
All songs are just in MP3 format so that I can easily switch between iTunes and WMP in the past. There are about 16000 songs, and all play OK through the Windows server. I tried turning off all firewalls too, but that wouldn't explain why I can see the songs but not play them.

I'll try a couple of more things from here and let you know if I resolve it, thx.

GBrown
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I haven't had a chance to work on this for quite a bit, but spent the weekend trying to see what I could do. I downloaded the R3 beta and all seemed to go OK. All songs became available at first, even m4a files transcoded to mp3 as I specified. However after a few songs were selected and played, the library once again went completely greyed out and no further songs would play. If I reboot the system (winXP Pro machine) it comes back up and works, but again just for a couple of songs. Not sure where to go from here...
G

Spoon
10-04-2010, 04:31 AM
Seems to be an issue with the Pioneer? if is that which is showing the tracks as available then not available. Try restarting the TV not the computer when it shows as grey (power off and on), does it allow the tracks to play for a short time?

GBrown
09-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Finally had a chance to really look into this. Seems I can get it to play if I transcode to LPCM. Strange since the TV will play mp3 from the WMP. But glad it is working now. The custom trees in Asset are the reason I prefer it. Perhaps I'll look into customizing the specific needs for the TV next. Thanks!