PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate entries for every track in WMP12/Win7

petes
10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I've installed Asset 2 on my WHS and I can access media on it fine from my XBox 360, but when I try and access it from my PC's running Win 7 WMP12, I get multiple or incomplete track lists for the albums - i.e. sometimes the same track listed 4 or 5 times.

Anyone else see this? The server also has Squeezebox server running on it (pointing to the same share as Asset). I also see the Asset server rescanning the directory again and again - what logic does the server use to decide when to rescan and might there be a conflict with Squeezebox server making it rescan all the time. However, I only see the duplicate tracks on WMP12 - it's fine on the XBox, so I don't think it's just that if it's related.

Spoon
10-24-2009, 07:23 AM
You need to edit the browse tree to make it very simple (no [album] inside of artist).

petes
10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
You need to edit the browse tree to make it very simple (no [album] inside of artist).

Nope - not that. I've removed everything apart from Root->Artist->Album and I'm still getting dupes. Now, those dupes are multiple versions of the track names. So, for "You Learn" by Alanis Morissette, which is track 1, I get

1 You Learn
You Learn
You Learn [Alanis Morissette]

and the same for each track.

Spoon
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Try only having the title item in the tree.

petes
10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi Spoon

Ok - with just root->Title and nothing else, I get two identical entries per track - Trackname [Artist]. Any other ideas to try or test?

Thanks

pete S

Spoon
10-28-2009, 03:04 PM
We will have to encode into asset v3 to detect wmp and only give out special listings, which is ashame as the whole idea of upnp is not to have to be program or device specific. WMP11 is a step backwards from WMP10, or 9

petes
10-28-2009, 04:59 PM
We will have to encode into asset v3 to detect wmp and only give out special listings, which is ashame as the whole idea of upnp is not to have to be program or device specific. WMP11 is a step backwards from WMP10, or 9

Thanks Spoon. Happy to help with testing etc. as required - my ... erm ... employment means that I do tend to be running up to date and beta builds of MS software.