PDA

View Full Version : [repost from support] Split larger than 700MB onto another CD?

eman
03-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Is there any way to have the CD Writer automatically split into multipule CD's after 700MB? I'd like to backup my 6gigs of mp3's to cd, and this seems like a good way to do it... Is there another tool out there that does this?

Spoon
03-05-2003, 03:57 PM
It won't do that I am afraid.

Razgo
03-05-2003, 06:49 PM
making multi-volume cd's probably should go on the wish list. it would be a bit like multi-volume files, which comes in handy when you need to break up one large programe into smaller files to burn to cd.

however for cd burning it's not breaking up the files but rather have the ability to throw 2 GIGs of mp'3 into the cd writer and let dcw calculate how many discs are needed and then it would ask for the next cd to be inserted after the first one is burned.

the idea certainly does have commerial potential for those seriously into burning masses of mp3's cd's. it could then be taken a step further and have the ability to have something like a "play list" but instead it would act like an "ear mark list" for mp3's waiting to be burned.

hmmmm..... the possibities are endless...:D

eman
03-05-2003, 07:51 PM
yeah, if after it sorted them out by artist\album it could just count up to 700mb, then prompt for another disk...