PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Update Problems

LdB
10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi all
I have RipNAS - WHS on Windows Vista - Transporter arrangement which is doing most of what I want. Problem is though that each time I switch my Transporter connection from "My PC" or "Squeezenet" to "RipNAS" to access my music Transporter automatically Updates Firmware to version 7.4.0 r7790 and next time I connect it (should that be down-dates?) back to version 7.3. r3993. and so on.
very annoying.
Any suggestions wht the issue may be would be appreciated.

Spoon
10-13-2009, 02:52 PM
You could try installing the latest version of Squeezecenter on the WHS box.

moley6knipe
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
It's because connecting to Squeezebox online services (whatever they're called this week) requires SqueezeBox Server ver 7.4.

If you don't use any of the new colour screen Squeezebox devices then I'd stick with 7.3.4 until 7.4 works properly! http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.3.4/

LdB
10-14-2009, 03:54 AM
Problem is that Transporter seems to do the upgrading and downgrading automatically.How can I ensure that all systems stick to the one version, be it 7.4 or 7.3?
Incidentally, my clock on Transporter also seems to revert to US tme on eac occasion even though my pc and Ripnas are configured t London time. Is this part of the same problem?

LdB
10-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Update. Followed Spoon's suggestion and installed v7.4, though directly on ripnas via remote desktop, which - fingers crossed- seemed to have resolved both issues.
Thanks for these helpful hints