PDA

View Full Version : asset upnp 2 internet radio problem

parmenides
09-25-2009, 03:06 AM
Hello,
Two days ago I've installed asset 2 (as a first install, without previous installation of version 1) and, using manual, configured internet radio (RadioTime). It started to work correctly and I was able to play some station on my Majik DS. After two days, althouhg I still see the radio stations in the KinskyDesktop (and KinskyPDA as well - I'm using HP ipaq as a upnp controller), no of the stations plays - it is visible, that Kinsky tries to connect to the station, but after a while it stops. This situation repeats every time I try to listen to ANY of the radio stations. The only thing I've changed, since I've installed Asset was installation of plugins in the KinskyDesktop, but, at this moment I've uninstalled them and Asset Radio still does not play.
Apart from that, whole system works good, I can hear the music, locally stored on my PC, without any problems. The only problem is that radio.
I'm using windows vista (with disabled firewall).
Moreover - when I try to connect to TimeRadio using web browser, I can listen to them !
Has anyone experienced similar problems ?
thanks in advance for your help
parmenides

parmenides
09-25-2009, 03:59 AM
All,
It started.
I've done two things:
a) enabled debug logging :smile2:
( I do not suppose that it was the reason for my problem, of course :-))
b) set decoding to mp3 (I had it set to LPCM
( I suppose that it was the reason for that ) enabling "Reply Gain" option )
regards
parmenides

Spoon
09-25-2009, 06:14 AM
DS cannot play LPCM, disable debugging as the log will grow large.

huderitter
01-09-2010, 05:41 AM
I would like to know why:

I use Magic DS/Asset 2/Kinsky. Internet radio works fine with Asset-settings: "Force WAVE streaming"; doesn't work with LPCM (O.K., Magic DS can't understand); but also MP3-setting doesn't work; WHY? That's my question. Thanks in advance for a short answer.

Appendix: I thougt parameter-section "Force....Streaming" is out of order, when no one of the listet extensions is marked. Wrong concerning internet radio. So I wasted a lot of time to find out (with trial and error) the right settings. Perhaps it is possible to put internet radio on the list to give an advice.

Spoon
01-09-2010, 07:12 AM
The mp3 encoder is missing from the install, if you install any version of dBpoweramp then it will install it (even if you do not use dbpoweramp).
This will be fixed with the next update.