PDA

View Full Version : A Cry for Help

penfold
09-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I have been trying now for days to get a media server that supports FLAC to work with a Soundbridge 1001 and on paper Asset looks to be perfect. However I installed it several days ago - it appears to have installed correctly, the service is listed as an exception in Windows firewall, I also have an evaluation version of Twonky Media Manager installed and this can see Asset and browse the music that Asset has found in the libraries I pointed it at.

However, the Soundbridge is not listing Asset - only Twonky. Also when I try to play a track from Asset in Twonky it says "That item cannot be played by the local renderer because it is not a recognised file type" - but when I select the same track from the Twonky server it plays it fine so something is not quite right.

I am running Windows XP Pro 64 and using a Netgear DG834GT to connect wirelessly to the Soundbridge.

Twonky was seen straight away by the Soundbridge and has worked fine since - but it no longer appears to support FLAC so is no good to me in the long term. The problem may be with XP Pro 64 because I have had compatibility issues with other programs - also I have tried using Firefly and Bonjour but again the Soundbridge cannot see Firefly (used to work fine with same network and router config on standard flavour XP but upgraded PC a while ago and came with XP Pro 64 - since then Firefly will not work).

So probably not a problem with Asset as such but I am at a loss as to how to solve problems and get the Soundbridge to see it. Have spent hours faffing about and searching net without success - just want to stream FLAC. Have seen how responsive Spoon is which gives confidence and tried dbpoweramp CD ripper recently which is top notch so would really like to be able to use Asset.

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks

Penfold

Spoon
09-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Try the latest R2 beta of Asset (in the beta section of this forum).

penfold
09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks - I will try that tonight. Do I need to uninstall the current version first and is that simple to do?

Many thanks

Penfold

Spoon
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Makes no difference.

penfold
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Installed R2 Beta as suggested and works like a dream - thank you very much. It had been driving me nuts

Cheers

Penfold