PDA

View Full Version : How do I record my vinyl LPs

fruitbat
09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Please forgive this newbie.

I have never used an audio programme before and have just downloaded dMC R13.3 to record my vinyl LPs.
My turntable has a pre-amp and is connected to my computer through the microphone jack. I am running Windows XP.
I have no idea what to do now.
Can someone please set out the steps I need to follow? (Please dont assume any prior knowledge).

Thank you

dizzydog
09-12-2009, 03:05 AM
firstly you should use the "input" jack , which should be next to the mic one.. then you need a recording programme.. a good freebie is the audacity one.. but if you want better ... there are others .. i use wave purity.. once you have got the programme running .. its trial and error .. you will soon understand how it all works .. its a learning curve.. of course the basics will be available with the prog. you use ..or google the instructions..once you suss out the basics its a doddle..good luck

Wayne
09-12-2009, 04:32 AM
I use WaveRepair see http://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/index.shtml whilst it is shareware the recording functionality is part of the "freeware" mode. WaveRepair was specifically created for recording LPs.