PDA

View Full Version : Pio Home Media Gallery Transcode Acceptance

jster
09-08-2009, 10:05 AM
V. 1.1 is correctly seen by the seen by the TV's UPNP HMG and all folders, art work, etc. show correctly. I am trying to transcode from flac to lpcm which the HMG accepts. However, all song file names are greyed out and thus unselectable/unplayable. This usually happens when the file extension is not a recognized/playable extension (e.g., flac is unplayable lpcm/mp3 are ok). Transcoded files play correctly under WMP on a PC. Does Asset publish the original file name with extension, substitute an extension (such as MP3 which HMG will play), or do something else? Have you seen this before and is there a selection I am missing in setup or a workaround? Thanx.

Spoon
09-08-2009, 11:18 AM
We give an extension .l16 for lpcm, but the player should not go off the extension, rather the HTTP type given out in the resource.

Try Asset v2 (beta section this forum), it might work better for you.

jster
09-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Spoon--

Thanx for your reply...I did upgrade to the beta release and it did a good thing in that it cleared the "Not Authorized" issue I was having with HMG under my Pio A/V receiver (SC-07) and allowed flac files to be played raw or transcoded to wav and they both play just fine. For the Pio TV (150FD) Asset UPnP still does not provide transcodes (wav or lpcm) that are recognized and playable. As an aside, while doing some research, I found ps3 mediaserver. It also transcodes flac AND the HMG on the SC-07 and the HMG on the TV play everthing just fine. This leads me to believe that there is something that is "just off" between Asset and Pio TV that causes a bust.

Additionally, Asset is doing something odd with a couple of files on an album for a flac wav transcode in that WMP says they are wrong file format (they are all flac and all play fine in VLC). The 5th file on for the album all transcode correctly to wav.