PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Akurate DS Cara

quersumme3
09-01-2009, 08:25 AM
I used first the TwonkyUPNP between my Akurate DS und my PC.
However I don't like the environment. Therefore I switched to Asset 1.1.
Within the KinskyDesktop I can see all my files on the server and I can create a playlist, also. But it is impossible to hear the music. It seems that either the files cannot be found or not been send to the Akurate DS.

In the Akurate DS the promptsign is switched to wait symbol and the Kinskydestop button on the left is rotating.

Who can help me?

Spoon
09-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Try Asset v2 (beta section of this forum), it is more suited. But the issue sounds like a potential firewall issue, try disabling your firewall as a test.

quersumme3
09-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank you very much Spoon.
It has to be a problem with the firewall.
I'm using the standard Windows XP firewall. Asset UPnP and UPnP Framwork are registred in the exeption list.
However Asset 1.1 and Asset 2.0 are only running when the firewall is down.
But that's not a solution forever.

Furthermore the covers of the music are not shown. I only see a music symbol. I put an FLAC file, a wave file and a mp3 file in my sample folder.

The Asset logo is displayed on the Playstation 3, also. However no titels nor covers are displayed. Even when the firewall is down.

I am using standard XP Pro. The netcommunication is be done by a FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7270.

Do you have a solution?

quersumme3
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry,
there was something wrong in my earlier post.
The playstation 3 is running when a shut down the firewall. Only the covers are not displayed.

The system response is absolut identically to the Akurate DS Player.

Spoon
09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
I will test.

Rudolf
10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Dear Spoon,
it appears as if I encounter a similar problem.
win xp, asset 1.1, KinskyDesktop, Linn Sneaky CARA
I have selected several titles, then click "Save playlist" and confirm.
I delete the selectionm (not the playlist), I listen to something else, then delete again.
Return to HOME, select "Local Playlists", select the last, and it works.
I turn off asset.
I start it again, go from HOME to Local Playlists, and I select the one that worked just two minutes ago, and I pull it over to the righthand side. I click the startbutton.
The "finger" in the duration-symbol starts rotating, and the startbutton displays the pause-sign. Nothing happens.
I click on the start/pause-button, and after 13 rotations of the "finger" it stops, and the pause-sign changes back to play-sign.

Second: the playlist-part is the only where the back-button of my mouse doesn't work

Conclusion:
after having finished a session (i.e. having shut down asset) the playlist is lost.
It is kept only for the duration of a session - except, as I just found out, the last playlist - that feels like some inconsistency of behaviour ...

Could the firewall be involved in processes that take place on the local computer?

Anyways, now I'll try beta 2 as you suggested.
Best wishes from Kiel
Rudolf

Spoon
10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Asset v2 will keep playlists across sessions.

Rudolf
10-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Sorry Spoon,
it appears to be a Linn issue - but thanx for giving it a thought.
Rudolf