PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Rip Test *3

Spoon
02-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Accurate Rip Test *3 is now released on www.accuraterip.com

It features 780 Key discs! and an offset detection routine that should be immune to different pressings. There is more...the startings of the 'CD Drive Offset Database' is now on www.accuraterip.com - I expect this to fill up very quickly.

vinnie97
02-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Well, I found that I had about 4 - 5 of the discs listed in the new database. Still, Accuraterip recognizes none of them (I discover this by selecting Options -> AccurateripResults). Any clues as to what might be amiss?

Spoon
02-28-2003, 12:44 PM
You have installed the database to the same place as dMC?

They probabbly are different versions of the discs.

dbample
02-28-2003, 03:42 PM
I had 10-12 disks, but only one was recognised - Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon. I wonder if the majority of key disks are English versions or at least not ones made in North America? My only recognised disk says "made in Canada" by the way.. but is Capitol /EMI.

However, since my CDROM drive is not in the database, I need TWO key CDs :headbang:

Spoon, can you post the list of new key disks in a separate file or at least mark the new key disks somehow? It will be inconvenient to browse through 500+CDs to check which are new additions..

Can anyone in North America get these key disks recognised (I am looking for a pattern if there's any)

Cheers,
KZ

Spoon
02-28-2003, 05:54 PM
I will see what I can do for the next update.

I know one guy from Canada make quite a few submissions.

vinnie97
03-01-2003, 12:10 AM
I too am in North America, and yes, Spoon, your installer auto-found the correct directory where I did install it. I guess most of the people populating the database are from Europe. I have some UK imports but none have showed up yet.

dbample
03-01-2003, 05:57 PM
I found from a friend today another key disk that is recognised: Rolling Stones' "Forty licks" CD1 (stil waiting for CD2 to repeat the process and see what happens).

However, it gave a different offset (+733 samples) than the Pink Floyd CD (+264 samples) so my CDROM drive is still unconfigured.

Does this mean that the Rolling Stones CD is from a different pressing with a different offset, although having the same ID number as in the database adn the program could not account for that?

Or is it that my CDROM drive is screwed - it is a MITSUMI CR-48X9TE, less than a year old. Is it really possible for a CDROM drive to have its offset fluctuating randomly (if the CDROM drive is the culprit)?

Cheers,
KZ

Spoon
03-02-2003, 06:15 AM
They will be different pressings, a different pressing is not identifable from anything except it is a few samples shifted. Not very good for offset detection, hence the need for two key discs. Once you find your offset, others with your drive will just need one correct keydisc.

Your CD drive is fine if it comes back with an offest value, there are CD drives that return fluctuating offsets, but that would be for each track and a final value would not be returned.

Unregistered
03-04-2003, 10:39 AM
What happened to accuraterip.com ? I tried to go there and all I get is your Administrator login page.

Spoon
03-04-2003, 04:33 PM
That server was hacked, so I had to fresh wipe it. It is back up now.

Erunama
03-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Well, I tried to use AccurateRip, but I didn't have any luck finding a key disc. I put in about 6 or 7 CDs that were on the list, but it never offered to find the offset. Must be different pressings, but I could have sworn that one would have been the same.

Unregistered
03-04-2003, 11:21 PM
When are you going to update the database? I would like to start using my other drive to rip cds, and I have to wait until my results are put up. When it is updated, I'll probably start ripping to both my computers.

Jordan

Razgo
03-05-2003, 02:53 AM
i think Spoon just needs a little breathing space at the moment. as he has to rebuild his shop front again since the site got wiped. as good as he is at multitasking i would wait a few days.

dewey1973
04-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Where did the beta file go? I can't seem to download it. Anyone have a copy of the installer they could point me to?

Spoon
04-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Now restored.

chami
05-02-2003, 06:39 AM
On the current dMC including Accurate Rip (dMC-r10-ARtest3.exe), the alt standard Bug (limit to 224) seem's to be back.

I can't find the DLL patch on the forum.

Did I miss something ?

Thank you,

Olivier.

Spoon
05-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Go for:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-r10beta5.exe

Which will have it.

cdjockey
05-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Spoon,

I've been watching the progress of accurate rip for a while now and i think it is a great idea.

I personally use EAC in the main and have become 'used' to it, i was wondering if you had talked to the EAC author with a view to adding support?

If you have, do you have any indication of if or when it could happen?

Keep up the good work :-)
cheers

cdjockey

Spoon
05-06-2003, 04:42 PM
There are only two things that need to be done to nail the AccurateRip down, that is - support for multioffset discs and the auto uploading of results through ftp, once those two are completed then it can be served up :)

stenvex
05-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Accuraterip.com DL page still has the test3 file. Should I get this beta5 instead?

Spoon
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Beta 5 is a later release than test 3.

stenvex
05-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Trying to help out with the disc DB. Have about 100 discs, only 2 of which are on the key disc list (a double CD album). Install was fine, drive was recognized, offset detection was fine, test rip progress without errors, except...
Track Ripping Status [Disc ID: 002016e9-9511200b]

1 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [d0c18bb3]
2 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [e73d2a3f]
3 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [28fe584b]
4 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [ba145968]
5 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [366cf52b]
6 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [26dbb67c]
7 Accurately Ripped (confidence 1) [185480b1]
8 Track not present in database. [d037e446]
9 Track not present in database. [a3feeb6e]
10 Track not present in database. [8c35952d]
11 Track not present in database. [2479c192]

Track(s) Accurately Ripped: 7
**** Track(s) Not Ripped Accurately: 0 ****
Track(s) Not in Database: 4

This was: Nick Warren - GU018 Amsterdam (CD1)
Advice?

vinnie97
05-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Chances are you have a European release. I believe the US release is in the database.

Spoon
05-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Perhaps, or maybe the person who added that album to AccurateRip on ripped those first tracks.

Cosmo q
05-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Accurate Rip system. I installed the beta dmc and the database. I have 3 CD's that are in the key list. (Daft Punk - Discovery, The Bloodhoundgang - Hooray for Bobues and Zwan - Mary Stars of the Sea). When I insert those I get the accurate rip system dialog, I configure, it asks for another CD (my cd-rom isn't in the list) and I insert the second, then it still needs another CD, even after the third key-disk, it still asks for one more. Is there anything I can do about this.

I have a Sony DRU-510A so it's pretty new, I have the same with an older pioneer DVD-Rom drive.

Greetings,
Cq

Spoon
05-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Not much, just keep feeding it CDs (the results it is getting from your CDs have different offsets on the CDs, until two sets match it will ask for another disc).

Razgo
05-30-2003, 08:12 AM
I just noticed an oddity.

when i rip to mpc accurip tells me-----

Track Ripping Status [Disc ID: 0011b918-7b0ba709]

1 ** Rip not accurate ** (confidence 1) [cea45097] [a1ca68eb]

Track(s) Accurately Ripped: 0
**** Track(s) Not Ripped Accurately: 1 ****
Track(s) Not in Database: 0

but when i rip to ogg it reports:====

Track Ripping Status [Disc ID: 0011b918-7b0ba709]

1 ** Rip not accurate ** (confidence 2) [56ed21b5] [cea45097]

Track(s) Accurately Ripped: 0
**** Track(s) Not Ripped Accurately: 1 ****
Track(s) Not in Database: 0

the other odd thing i ran this test on the same file 3 times.
twice when ripping to ogg it told me it wasn't in the database at all except for the third time.

Spoon
05-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Each time you rip the results go into your local accurate rip database, so for example:

say you had submitted a disc
two other people submit an offsetted disc - theirs will currently appear in the database
you rip once - it will say inaccurate
you rip again - your 2 matches their two
you rip again - your 3 beats their 2 so it will say accurate.

Razgo
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
ah ok, it's kind of like a report card system :D

but it should have not reported it wasn't in the database after it said it was the first time? that was my oddity. as it's either there or it isn't.

Razgo
05-30-2003, 08:32 PM
I sent the database in to dbpoweramp@dbpoweramp.com

the one i was questioning is a track called "Allegro from the Violin Concerto *3 in G Major"

the album is also listed in accurip page( my submission) called
Don Campell - Music for the Mozart Effect, Volume I

Razgo
05-30-2003, 08:43 PM
and on a side note, what is the abbreviation for dbpoweramps' accuraterip?

DA?

Unregistered
06-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Spoon,
The folder AccurateRip on my computer is suppose to be 216 kB but takes up 22 mB because there are so many small files. Would it be possible to store the cd database in one file.

Spoon
06-04-2003, 05:33 PM
It is only temp until it finally moves online. There are 1400 files offline, you must have a large hard disc with fat16 or fat32 and a large sector size.

Razgo
06-04-2003, 07:42 PM
wow, something wrong there. mine is 32.2KB with 241 files.

kenny heath
06-06-2003, 12:39 AM
my accurate rip file is 1422 files at 216 kb but i keep getting a message saying key disk not recognized i have tried 4 listed key disks and it still will not take on r10ar3 i am fixing to try new beta and see if that helps :headbang:

dell L866r 312m ram win me philips cdrw 2400 series

Spoon
06-06-2003, 04:55 PM
There are lots of different versions of Audio CDs around, just keep trying key discs until it recognizes one.

Unregistered
08-17-2003, 12:56 PM
There are lots of different versions of Audio CDs around, just keep trying key discs until it recognizes one.

Can it be that this is true even if I tried out EVERY SINGLE ONE from this list of CDs - and all are not recognized...?!?

Regards, Normen

Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy
Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
Bruce Hornsby And The Range - Scenes From The Southside
Counting Crows - August And Everything After
Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Eurythmics - Greatest Hits
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Genesis - Invisible Touch
Genesis - We Can't Dance
Gloria Estefan - Cuts Both Ways
INXS - The Greatest Hits
Jamiroquai - Emergency On Planet Earth
Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe
Jean Michel Jarre - The Essential
Joe Jackson - Body And Soul
Kate Bush - The whole story
Lenny Kravitz - 5 (Reissue, 2 Bonustracks)
Lisa Stansfield - Affection
Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd - The Wall (Disc 2)
Pink Floyd - The Wall (disc 1)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Queen - A Night At The Opera
REM - Automatic For The People
Seal - Seal I
Simon And Garfunkel - Greatest Hits
Sting - "...Nothing Like The Sun" - ...Nothing Like The Sun
Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales
Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turtles
Sting - The Soul Cages
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Tony! Toni! Toné! - The Revival
Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
The Who - Who's Better, Who's Best
Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Yes - 90125

JVILLAS
08-18-2003, 07:13 PM
I counted about 40cds' seems possible to me. Only difference is I had to locate 2 matching cds'. Finding that 1st. one took the longest, so when it asked for a 2nd. match, I almost said forget it, I was not looking forward to finding no.2.,but luckily my roommates collection had a few matches so finding no.2 came rather quickly.