PDA

View Full Version : TEAC DV-W5000E problems with Accuraterip

Clegane
08-22-2009, 04:04 PM
I've tried a couple of key discs and every time I get the message:

The Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection (it does not match the one stored in AccurateRips database), please try a different Key Disc.

I have used key discs with several different drives, my discs are not the problem.

As for technical details:

dbPoweramp:
Drive read cache: 94 kB
FUA detected

cachex:

Buffer size: 2000 kB, read cache is enabled
Supported read commands: BEh
Testing cache line size:
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors
124 kB / 54 sectors

Those are far better results than I have obtained with other modern disc drives.

Spoon
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
If the drive is not in the AccurateRip database, then you need 3 matching offsets, from discs without multiple pressings.

Clegane
08-22-2009, 06:53 PM
What message will I receive when I have inserted a key disc that is acceptable to Accuraterip? I've tried 3 key discs now.

It's an impossibly narrow list to avoid CDs with multiple pressings. Everything seams to get remastered eventually. Most popular CDs are issued in Japan with a bonus track. In the 80's only Atlantic Records would issue CDs with the same mastering in every country. The dbPoweramp engineers may be computer enthusiasts (although I've yet to see an explanation of how they managed to leave the only DVD burner currently in production that's worth a damn out of the Accuraterip database), but they clearly know nothing about music collecting.

It's lousy that this quirk of Accuraterip prevents me from using it with this disc drive. Why not at least add a manual override command where I can say "Get the offset from this one CD right now because I told you so". If that makes me ineligible for new CD submissions, fine.

Clegane
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
If you are going to restrict the eligible key discs for a drive that is not yet in the database, then you should provide a list of such restricted discs.

bhoar
08-22-2009, 08:56 PM
The reason is that there are drives out there without a reliable offset position. Pull out 30 CDs and manually feed them until it finds three matches.

-brendan

Clegane
08-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I found the matches I needed. But

2 of my old standbys, Back in Black and 5150 were rejected

1) the first CD I got a match with was Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Stranger in Us All. I am stunned this obscurity is a key CD. The version I used is a Japanese issue with an extra song at the end.

2) the 2nd CD I got a match with was Whitesnake - Slide It In. A CD whose original Japanese and European issue have an alternate mix to the original American one.

3) The 3rd CD was KISS Gold, a 40 song compilation. I will agree, that information will be exactly the same across all time and space. If you remaster a compilation, you have a new compilation.

Tigerman
08-23-2009, 03:12 AM
If the drive is not in the AccurateRip database, then you need 3 matching offsets, from discs without multiple pressings.

How more popular a cd is, how more likely it has multiple pressings.