PDA

View Full Version : Acronova Nimbie

usernaim
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Acronova looks to be replacing the Dupliq with the Nimbie, which is available in NB11 and NB12 guises.

The MSRP is dropped to $599 and the price at Guitar Center is the same $469 as the Dupliq. The unit looks physically nicer and simpler, is smaller, enclosed, takes 100 discs, and can be loaded continuously, working in FIFO fashion.

What's more it comes with QQripper software that integrates with iTunes and WMP.

Of course I'd like to use dbpa for its AccurateRip capability.

Are there drivers or plans for them? Any chance it will use the same driver as the Dupliq?

And does anyone have any experience with the unit, which was announced in June.

Spoon
08-12-2009, 05:06 AM
I do not think it does use the same driver.

Currently there are no plans to add support.

usernaim
08-12-2009, 08:09 AM
This unit looks like the best buy in the autoloader space. As it's new, the resale value will be higher than for older units too. And I don't imagine the Dupliq will be continued forever.

Furthermore, since the Nimbie supports ripping on iTunes and WMP, it seems to me you are losing a potential market for dbpa reference if you don't support it. Up to this point, you offered software with no competition but now you have a competitor--one that is inferior, but free and works with the most common software.

How can I convince you to support it? If you did decide to do so, how long would it take?

Thanks.

bhoar
08-19-2009, 03:04 PM
This unit looks like the best buy in the autoloader space. As it's new, the resale value will be higher than for older units too. And I don't imagine the Dupliq will be continued forever.

Furthermore, since the Nimbie supports ripping on iTunes and WMP, it seems to me you are losing a potential market for dbpa reference if you don't support it. Up to this point, you offered software with no competition but now you have a competitor--one that is inferior, but free and works with the most common software.

Just an FYI: the acronova Nimbie is OEM'd from datatronics (who sells them as the Junibox). Similar to how the DupliQ was OEM'd from datatronics (who sells them as the minicubis).

The minicubis-based platforms were selling for several years before spoon supported them. I suspect if and when there is a large enough target market out there, spoon might reconsider...but his development schedule looks pretty packed these days.

Out of curiosity, what is the competitor you mention?

-brendan

usernaim
08-24-2009, 05:03 PM
The competitor I refer to is the giveaway software that comes with the Nimbie, called qqripper. It supports iTunes and Windows Media Player, and both the new and old Acronova units as well as the Datatronics units.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w27dHp_hcgE&eurl=http://www.acronova.com/duplicator_nimbie_usb.htm&feature=player_embedded*blooper*t=62

Product info here:
http://www.acronova.com/duplicator_nimbie_usb.htm

Software info here:
http://www.broadexsystems.com/products/qqripper.htm

stoneditch
08-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Hello,

I had a Nimbie deliverred to me yesterday with a lightscribe drive. I used it over night to rip lossless to Apple format using iTunes and QQripper. It worked well although I would rather use the DB Batch ripping app. I have just started to look at the options that allows command/control strings to be sent to the unit. Has any one had any luck in doing this? Maybe Spoon will reply and say that thay are developing some controls for it. I certainly hope so.

Thanks

stoneditch
08-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Ok, I'm not a coder but I do have 20yrs in the IT industry. How do I go about getting Batch Ripper to control my Nimbie (v. silly name btw). Assuming that spoon is tied up doing other things to dbpa or other things that he may have on the go. It came with some drivers written by Broadex (http://www.broadexsystems.com/products/qqripper.htm) but I don't see how to get these to work with Batch Ripper.
Thanks

Spoon
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
You would have to implement your own Load.exe, unload.exe and reject.exe

At the simplest level these are called with --drive="X" where X is the letter of the CD drive.

stoneditch
08-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Spoon, ok thanks for this but I need you to be a bit more verbose. Looking at the folders where the other drivers reside, dupliq etc, there are txt files with configs and dll's.
Thanks

Spoon
10-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Dlls are specific to the loader in question, they are not always needed. The Txt file is there to supply default command line options (as seen by Batch Ripper Configuration, see the Manual Load - Auto Eject for an example).

audiodude
10-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Where can I find drivers for the Dupliq for Vista x64?

Spoon
10-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Answered on your other thread.

caymanred
01-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Where can I find drivers for the Dupliq for Vista x64?

Contact the manufacturer. They provide update drive that may support Vista x64.

hifivalue
03-12-2011, 12:29 AM
It works great. dbpa should write the code to run it. It would be a great combo.