PDA

View Full Version : How to get the tree to match the folders?

wideopeniris
07-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I would like the tree on the server to just mimick the folder structure on windows, instead of the server trying to figure out the tree from (largely broken and incomplete) tags.

My music archive contains many files with useless tag info. And asset leaves most 'albums' with missing tracks and makes it a nightmare to use.

Instead I just want it to organise the files the way they are on the disk, with filenames in alphabetical order in sub folders.

Otherwise Asset is perfect for my audio streaming needs - ran out of the box without a single hitch. Uses almost no CPU even on my ancient 800MHz mini ITX box. Works with win2k properly (unlike tversity). In fact I thought I had found upnp heaven until I ran up against the playlists problem.

Any help gratefully received,

WOI

Spoon
07-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Install Asset R2 (in the beta section of this forum), then add to the tree the predefined 'Folders & Filename Browsing' item

rupertbear
01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I too have a large collection of mp3 files which are well organised by directory and filename. However, the reliability and accuracy of the tags leaves a lot to be desired, it's a long-term ongoing project to correct them.

I have been hunting for a upnp server to use with my internet radio. All those I have tried so far serve up a confusion of individual files which is impossible to navigate.

From what I have read here, it appears that the registered version of Asset will serve my files in a format that mimics the directory and file structure.

Is this correct? I don't want to pay and then find that I was mistaken. I'll be happy to pay, though, if it does what I want!

Thanks

Spoon
01-22-2011, 04:18 PM
You can browse by Advanced Search >> Folders & Filename Browsing

rupertbear
01-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.

That sounds like a feature usable in the software, at the PC.

Will I be able to see my files organised by filename and directory at the client (internet radio)?

Sorry to pester but without this ability I will not be able to use it.

dbfan
01-23-2011, 12:15 PM
If the client allows browsing by tree yes, but not all do.

Mosheopod
01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes! Advanced Search > Folders & Filename Browser works fine! Just like the folder view in Squeezebox did.

Mosheopod
01-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I should have mentioned, it works using TagNPlay (the PS Audio iPod app I use since I got the Perfect Wave DAC+Bridge) on an iPod Touch 4, with files on an external drive on a Windows XP network. I assume it works in other platforms/applications.