PDA

View Full Version : dbpowerAMP won't read track names

Unregistered
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
When an audio CD is inserted, I think dbpowerAMP should first check the file cdplayer.ini to find the track names. If no info is there, it should then go on-line to find the CD at freedb. Now, it doesn't even try to find the track names when an audio CD is inserted. Also, when dMC Audio CD Input is started, it should first check the file cdplayer.ini to find the CD before it goes on-line to freedb. In my case, sometimes the info in cdplayer.ini is correct but the info downloaded ifrom freedb is not correct. When the program goes on-line before it checks cdplayer.ini it overwrites this file and destroys the good data. Hope these problems can be corrected soon.

Otherwise thanks for a nice program.

John

Spoon
02-22-2003, 07:08 AM
Do you have the option 'Retrive Freedb Details for New CDs' checked?

It should first look in CDPlayer.ini then later it goes onto the internet.

jonathon
02-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Yes, I have that option checked. This does work OK for "dMC Audio CD Input" program, but it does not work for the player, "dBpowerAMP Audio Player". I have discovered something interesting. If an audio disc is inserted and there is no entry for this disc in cdplayer.ini and Internet connection is unplugged, it finds the disc information anyway! Evidently this disc has been used sometime in the past and information has been saved in the REGISTRY. When disc is loaded again, info on this disc is re-written to cdplayer.ini from the REGISTRY and program is able to find it. It has been a mystery as to how disc info could be found if there is no entry in cdplayer.ini and no Internet connection. Am I right in my assumption about the REGISTRY's role in this mystery?

jonathon

Spoon
02-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Ah right for the Player.

The last entry is cached in the Registry.

jonathon
02-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Mystery solved! Will next version of player (Rel 2) have the auto lookup feature, first checking cdplayer.ini then freedb? That would be nice.

Thanks,
jonathon

Spoon
02-23-2003, 08:40 AM
I plan to fix that, don't know if it will make release 2.