PDA

View Full Version : Any way to play FLAC on Xbox360?

ZPrime
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
I've looked through the forum and I saw one other person is having the same issue attempting to transcode FLAC on the fly to the 360. I have moved to the 2.x beta hoping that it would help but so far nothing. I would even be happy with transcoding on the fly to 320kbps MP3 for xbox usage (it would probably be in party situations where I don't really need lossless audio) but even the MP3 option in v2.x beta isn't working -- I get the same non-playing file with the "no" symbol next to it.

I've tried WAV as well and the other topic I found seems to imply that LPCM isn't going to work either due to the seemingly non-standard way that the 360 handles LPCM?

I love Illustrate's other software, I'm using dBpoweramp's ripper at home after getting sick of EAC (I actually own a license, not a free user) and would love to see Asset UPnP fit my needs here to transcode my audio to my consumer devices. I was considering simply transcoding a copy of my entire library into MP3, but I'd rather not have the hassle of keeping track of another set of files. :D

Spoon
06-03-2009, 03:00 AM
The XBox should accept LPCM, but not currently from Asset, it is something we will have to investigate.

ZPrime
06-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I have tried the beta 1.99 build, and MP3 streaming isn't working either - is there any way I can help you in debugging that? MP3 should definitely work to a 360.

For what it's worth, the MP3 streaming also isn't working to Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 7 RC; if I switch it back to .wav streaming that does work with WMP12... but my goal here is the 360.

Spoon
06-09-2009, 12:07 PM
We have an XBox, so can test direct when we get chance.

ksteele
09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Any update on this issue?

Spoon
09-11-2009, 04:07 AM
The latest Asset v2 (in the beta section of this forum) can stream LPCM to an xbox