PDA

View Full Version : "Album artist" and leading "the"

President
05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I am getting close to having Asset work with my Sonos the way I want. However I have a few questions:

- "Album Artist" - When adding "Album artist" (\[A-Z]\Album) to the browsing tree under Root nothing shows. Album artist is empty. Any ideas?

- Leading "The" - Is it possible to have Asset disregard leading "The"'s when sorting i.e. "Artist"?

- ...and how is progress of getting addition of whole albums to queu to work on Sonos?

Pres.

Spoon
05-05-2009, 04:42 AM
If you look in Advanced Search >> Album Artist are any listed?

'The' Not currently will add as a future option.

>- ...and how is progress of getting addition of whole albums to queu to work on Sonos?

Slow going...

President
05-05-2009, 04:59 AM
Hi Spoon,

Advanced Seard - Album Artist is empty.....clicking [+] makes asset think for some time, but nothing happens.

Pres.

Spoon
05-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Which audio format is used and which tagging format?

President
05-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Primary library folder is FLAC ripped from my CD's using dbPoweramp.

Secondary library folder is MP3 from various sources.

Library is totalling some 120.000+ tracks.

Tags have been cleaned/updated using Tag&Rename.

Server is Windows Home Server and Asset is installed on WHS.

Is this enough info?

Pres

Spoon
05-05-2009, 08:08 AM
If you have dBpoweramp on a PC, right click on one your FLAC files >> Edit ID Tag, to see if dBpoweramp recognizes the Album Artist tag.

President
05-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Just pointing to a file the dbPoweramp pop-up shows correct Album artist on all files...

Pres.

CipEagek
07-18-2009, 07:20 PM
is it possible to customize the "Album list for artist" view like the File presentation template? because i want to include the release year of an album

Spoon
07-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Advanced Search >> Albums by Release

msilverz
08-01-2009, 12:40 AM
First, just let me say that I've been waiting for something like Asset for a while. I was using Windows Media Player on my Vista PC, and I was less than thrilled with the way it sent music to my PS3. I wanted precisely the sort of customization that Asset offers, and now that I've installed the latest beta version, I'm thrilled!

I have a quick question about how Asset deals with a leading "the." In the current beta package, there's a box to check so that a band whose name is entered into the ID tag as "The Rolling Stones" will appear under 'R' as "Rolling Stones, the." That's certainly better than having all artists that begin with "the" fall under 'T.' That said, I actually prefer what Windows Media Player does here, which is to keep the artist name as "The Rolling Stones" but file it under "R" anyway. It just ignored the leading "the," rather than changing the artist name. That has the convenience of filing it under the appropriate letter but the . . . aesthetic appeal of avoiding the "Stones, the".

Is this something Asset could do in the future?

Thanks!

Matty

Spoon
08-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Yes potentially.

msilverz
08-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes potentially.
Yes, put me down for a vote in favor of adding it! I hope to be using Asset for a while, and it's software I would happily pay for if had to (as I have for dbPoweramp).

Matty

msilverz
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Yes, put me down for a vote in favor of adding it! I hope to be using Asset for a while, and it's software I would happily pay for if had to (as I have for dbPoweramp).
Another request along these lines. The alphabetizing rules could use a bit of tweaking. So, for instance, I have the soundtracks to the first four Rocky movies. (Strange, I know.) In the album list, presumably they should be in this order:

Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV

That is not the order they appear in, though. Rocky IV is first, and Rocky is last!

I noticed a few other strange alphabetizing ticks. I have a bunch of U2 concert recordings, and I file them under a different artist tag to keep them separate from the U2 studio albums. The two artists are:

U2
U2 - Concert

Unfortunately, U2 - Concert appears before U2 in the artist list!

Matty

DrFink
09-23-2009, 11:12 AM
>- ...and how is progress of getting addition of whole albums to queu to work on Sonos?

Slow going...

@Spoon: A question in between: any progress in that (after some months) ?

Spoon
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
We have had no joy trying to get it going, only with assistance from sonos will it be implemented.