PDA

View Full Version : ID3V2 Album Artist mapping

Morgensonne
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi there,

i have a problem with my 'Album Artist' fields. I map my 'Album Artist' to the ID3V2.3 tag called 'BAND' with mp3tag or foobar. It's because i had problems with WMP and PS3 (twonkymedia). The predefined field 'Album Artist' in Asset UPNP finds allot of Artists but not my "Various Artists" so i think its mapped to another tag.

I also added this line:
band,0,NVARCHAR(150)
to my MediaDatabaseFields.txt but don't get this field into my popup menu for "Selected name".

Whats wrong?

Spoon
05-05-2009, 03:41 AM
We use Band also, which is the standard, so it should be picked up, right click on one mp3 file >> Edit Tag and see where the Album Artist appears in dBpoweramps tag editor.

hitmouse
05-05-2009, 08:38 AM
If you're having problems with WMP, it's likely because since v11 WMP fakes the presentation of Album Artist by using the first Contributing Artist on the first track of the album if you haven't explicitly filled in the Album Artist field.

If you overtype the Album Artist field in v11 or v12, then it overwrites all the Contributing Artist fields for all tracks (with no undo!). The only way to fill in the Album Artist field reliably is to either switch into Details view so you can see Album Artist field for every track and not just for the grouped set, OR use a separate tool to fill in this field.

In v11 of WMP you can use the Advanced Tag Editor (select tracks individually or in bulk). In v12 this essential tool has been removed ( as you can see in the Windows 7 Beta and RC builds).

Morgensonne
05-05-2009, 11:56 AM
We use Band also, which is the standard, so it should be picked up, right click on one mp3 file >> Edit Tag and see where the Album Artist appears in dBpoweramps tag editor.

Where do i find your tag editor or what program contains this one?

Morgensonne
05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Found.... its inside Music converter. And my files are tagged correctly.

1. But i couldn't find my "Various Artists" in the artist tree! There are the singleartist albums and alot of "unknown album artists" with the most "Various Artists" albums inside.

2. Does Asset UPNP support ID3v2.4??

Spoon
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Asset does not support id3 v2.4

Morgensonne
05-06-2009, 12:31 PM
ok...

all my "various Artists" are under "Unknown Album Artist". Is there a way to show them as "Various Artists" in the browser tree?